PDA

View Full Version : Going to Poly this week...

emurph
10-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello all:

I am taking my daughter and grandson to WDW on Thursday for a long week-end. We are staying at the Polynesian Resort - Club level. We are celbrating my grandson's Fourth birthday! I am in frail health and I am aware that this will be my last trip to Disney World. I have a Birthday Cake being delivered to the room. I have tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. What else can I do to make this trip special for the three of us? Any suggestions?
I have been reading all the negative posts about the Poly Club level and this concerns me. But I love Disney and have been coming since my Honeymoon in the 70's.
Thank you for any responses.

cer
10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't have any real recommendations, but take your time and take lots of pictures!

Have a great trip! - I know you will!

SBETigg
10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Don't take the negatives to heart. For every vocal complaint, there are always glowing comments left unsaid. The Poly is amazing and I'm sure you will be well taken care of and have a wonderful time. Enjoy every minute! The party is lots of fun and having the cake delivered is a great idea. Make sure you ask for a birthday button when you check in. Your grandson can wear it proudly and bask in the extra tidings that come his way.

Polynesian Dweller
10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Don't worry about it. The complainers will always be louder on boards like this.

We were at Poly concierge last week and it was great. We saw none of the things that people complain about. We saw no changes from a year ago and the staff were great. The food and service in the club lounge were fine. Relax, enjoy and don't believe all the negatives.

LudwigVonDrake
10-27-2008, 04:24 PM
The Poly is one of my favorite resorts :tikki:

Take LOTS of photos and above all else: HAVE A GREAT TIME :tink:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Have a WONDERFUL time at the Polynesian. It's a nice hotel. Enjoy, and have lots of fun with your family.:pixie:

Next trip: 11/24th thru 12/5 th @ the POP:thumbsup: