PDA

View Full Version : boat rides from MK

DONROCK
10-26-2008, 09:40 PM
If I'm boarding the boat at the Magic Kingdom to get to Fort Wilderness, how long is the boat ride?

CleveRocks
10-26-2008, 10:01 PM
If I'm boarding the boat at the Magic Kingdom to get to Fort Wilderness, how long is the boat ride?

The ride itself is probably 20 minutes, maybe 15. Most of the time, the boat will stop at Wilderness Lodge first, before going to FW. There may be a certain time of day when that order gets reversed, but I can't recall for sure.

Of course, that 15 minute estimate doesn't include time waiting at the dock (if any) before you board the boat.

Strmchsr
10-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Of course, that 15 minute estimate doesn't include time waiting at the dock (if any) before you board the boat.

Exactly. I've waited up to about 40 min before on a boat. So you just never know.

Tinkerbella16
10-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I was wondering this also. We have a dinner ressie for Whispering Canyon Cafe on Nov. 10 at 8:20pm...so we are going to take the bus from POFQ to MK, and take the boat to WL. I guess its not that long.

LittleRoosMommy
10-27-2008, 11:34 PM
We just came back from WL on Saturday and the longest we waited for the boat was at MK after the park closed at 9pm w/ no EMH. The wait was probably close to 40 min. To make matters worse, right before "our" boat docked my DD4 decided she had to use the restroom :blush: LOL we missed that boat obviously, but then had an entire boat to ourselves, which DD4 thought was pretty cool. The trip itself is about 8-10 min. I don't remember the boat for MK ever going to/from Ft. Wilderness after leaving WL. I may be wrong though, with 2 little ones, I wasn't paying that much attention to which direction the boat went after docking. LOL Hope this helps!

thumperbug
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM
sometimes the boat does make a stop at FW. I can never figure the rhyme or reason to how it works. I just hop on board and eventually end up at the resort of Mk (depending which way I am headed)

DONROCK
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I was asking because we have dinner ressies at Trail's End in Ft. Wilderness. Thought the boat would make for a nice ride. Otherwise, from our resort (All Star), I will need to get to TTC then transfer to another bus. I appreciate all the responses. I will allow plenty of time and hope for the boat!