PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts from last weeks BCV/F&W

Simba's Mom
10-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm not one for trip reports so I'll just give you what I can. But if you have questions, I'd be happy to answer them. First DME is really getting crowded. My first DME trip was in May, 2005, days after they began and every trip has had longer lines. Last week was incredible! The first night I headed over to DHS and TSM had a 110 minute wait, and the CM told me that FPs had been gone at 11:00. Maybe next trip! The carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop was worth the trip though. Fantasmic was awesome-one of the joys of being solo is that you can show up 15 minutes before the show and find a good seat. I just headed down about 8 rows from the front, center and found 2 groups with a big space in between, and they were more than happy to let me come in. Oh, I forgot-when I arrived at BCV and got my room assignment, I knew it was near the road, and I hate that road noise. I asked politely for woods view, and she was very accomodating. Later, I went back to thank her and tell her that I loved my room (543)-love that woods view. And yes, Claudia, there was a DVD player-when I unpack my camera, I'll upload the picture. Saturday was the Year of the Frog talk at Animal Kingdom-anything to do with AK I love, but I wish they'd given us something at the end. Now before you say "Yeah, everyone wants something for nothing", I'm thinking a frog sticker to wear for the rest of the day would have been perfect. Then I went back to the resort and met DH. This was a real experience for him-a devoted OKW fanatic and golfer comes to WDW and doesn't stay at OKW, and doesn't bring his golf clubs, 2 things he'd said he'd never do. And he probably won't again! Although he didn't have anything against BCV (except the cold hallways and tiny balconies), it's back to OKW for him. Oh, well-different strokes for different folks. At least it was a short walk to Beaches and Cream, so he didn't complain (much). We sampled lots of the different foods at the F&W festival-DH gave Louisiana the biggest thumbs up (crawfish etouffe with a bottle of tabasco sauce helped clear his sinuses), and my biggest thumbs up went to the New Zealand lamb chop. But there were lots of others. We went to the Cape May character breakfast-had the slowest, least aware server ever and an overall mediocre experience at a place we used to enjoy. I also ate solo at GFC and at Tusker House lunch buffet (BIG ). Last day it rained so I stayed in the F&W festival welcome center and welcomed myself all day to Culinary demonstrations (paired with wine, of course) and author talks (accompanied by wine). What a happy walk in the rain back to BCV! Yes, the movies on the beach are continuing-I went to 4 of them the week I was there-I even convinced OKW fanatic DH to go and enjoy (sort of) "Enchanted". I was amazed at the number of people at WDW last week-is the F&W festival typically this crowded? I hope I remembered anything. If there's anything I can expand on, don't hesitate to ask.

January-2007
10-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much for reporting! We'll be staying at BCV again this May and look forward to seeing the movies on the beach. They started that right after our last trip so we just missed it. Can you tell me more about it? How do you find out what movies are playing, what's the set up like, are there characters like at Fort Wilderness? I'm glad you had a great vacation! :mickey:

faline
10-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Guess Magical Expressis a hit!

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you really enjoyed the food & wine festival!

goofy for pluto
10-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the report.
We enjoyed a movie on the beach last August.
Glad to hear the BC is still doing that.
All Star Music also had a movie by the pool
that same week.
:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the report...the F&W Festival sounds great

tinkerbell04
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the report, it sounds like it was a great trip!

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 12:51 AM
BCV is a great place to stay-
When we were there in June, there was some construction going on, near the gift shop. Was it finished?

Simba's Mom
11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
BCV is a great place to stay-
When we were there in June, there was some construction going on, near the gift shop. Was it finished?

I don't remember any construction going on anywhere around the resort this trip.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Cool- so they must be done-

It sort of blocked off the gift shop which was a hassle