PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 12:07 PM
We just got back from a wonderful week! We save our snack options from our dining plan to eat our way around the World Showcase - being our lunch for the day. Here are the countries we visited and what we tried, along with a rating from 1-10 (1 being poor, 10 being wonderful).

Germany:
Pretzel Roll - 9
Italy:
Baked Ziti- 7
Cream Puff - 3 (bland)
Hops and Barley:
Boston Crab cake - 9
New England Lobster Roll - 10 (Thick)
Honey Porter Black Lager - 10+
Japan:
California Sushi Roll - 6
Louisiana:
Seafood Gumbo - 5
Crawfish - 7
Praline Bread Pudding - 3 (dry)
Purple Haze Beer - 3 (very light, almost no taste)
France:
Escargot - 10+
Creme Brulee - 10+
Sparkling Pomegranate - 10+
Canada:
Cheddar Cheese Soup - 10+
Maple Glazed Salmon - 10+
China:
Pot Stickers - 10+ (my favorite!)
Spain:
Curro with Chocolate Sauce - 9 (kids fav.)

This is our favorite event and when we return again we will be sure it is during this same time!

ElenitaB
10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
There are a lot of 10s and 10+s on that list! Last time we were down at the World during F&WF season I was busy with business... sounds like we need to make a trip to get busy with the Festival!

Thanks for sharing your family's reviews!

pox24
10-28-2008, 09:00 AM
We just returned ourselves and I agree the F & W festival was great. My DW is from New Orleans, so it was a special treat for her.Its one of our favorite events.:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
10-28-2008, 09:35 AM
1) I thought the food offerings were pretty good.
2) I go along with your relative ratings (one to another).
3) But, IMHO, I think you were over generous across the board.
4) I don't recall any offering worth more than a 7-rating.
5) But, then again, I rate low due to my eatery experiences. *

* As and example, we eat at only five WDW eateries, and only two of them are Disney-owned.

SallyP
10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
* As and example, we eat at only five WDW eateries, and only two of them are Disney-owned.

Would you mind telling us what are the 3 non Disney-owned eateries you like?

AHOTE
10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks, you've added to our anticipation. :wine: We'll be there next week and the time is going slower than ever. :wait: We do the same thing you did, use snack credits and one CS credit, plus some out of pocket purchases too. We generally do two full days on WS and a couple of evenings as long as it's not too crowded. We look forward to F&W every year. Overall what did you think of their wine pairings? I'll definitely try the Honey Porter Black Lager and the Sparkling Pomegranate on your recommendation. Only 7 more days! :joy:

Tbelle1976
10-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all your recommendations, they all sound really delicious! Although I won't get down there this year for the F&W, we are already looking into '09.

TheRustyScupper
10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Would you mind telling us what are the 3 non Disney-owned eateries you like?

1) We have majority stakes in two restaurants.
2) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent service
. . . innovative dishes with flair
. . . overall great value
3) I recommend
. . . Bistro de Paris (Epcot, France, upstairs)
. . . Victoria & Albert's (Grand Floridian Resort)
. . . Citrico's (Grand Floridian Resort)
. . . Todd English Blue Zoo (Dolphin Resort)
. . . Shula's Steakhouse (Dolphin Resort)

goofygirl67
11-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I was there on the first day. The pizza in Italy tasted like a Elio's frozen pizza-- not worth it. The Preztel sausage in Germany was good but I had to get rid of the sourkraut--yuck.

SurferStitch
11-02-2008, 08:28 PM
DH and I loved the offerings they had at the F&WF....

Germany - Spaetzle w/ mushroom ragout (so good I had it twice) - 10; Rieslings were excellent

Boston - Crab cake - 8; Lobster Roll - 9 (lots of meat) - Both were repeats for us. All beers were wonderful.

Ireland - Boxty - 7 (pretty good)

Canada - Cheddar cheese soup - 10; Riesling - 10

San Francisco - Beef medallion with cheese polenta - 9 (had to have my beef cooked a little more because I hate medium or rare); strawberry shortcake - 9

New Orleans - Crawfish Etoufee - 10+ (DH and I had this several times); Purple Haze beer - 8 (I'm a dark beer gal, but this light beer had a delightful raspberry taste to it, and I had it a couple times)

Chile - Shrimp with cilantro sauce - 9 (plump, juicy shrimp)

Mexico - Chilaquiles - 9; Capirotada (Bread pudding) - 9

Reims - loved all of the champagnes I tried

France - Creme Brulee Chocolat au Lait - 5 (little burnt on top - more than normal, and cold)

Greece - Spanakopita - 7 (a little greasy for my taste, but good flavor)

Poland - Kielbasa w/ pierogies - DH really liked this. I loved the pierogies - 8

Japan - California roll - 8 (tasted just like every other one I've ever had)

New Zealand - Bay scallops - 9 (light and fresh, and a healthy portion)

Australia - Pepperberry prawns - 10 (DH and had these several times). I also did the wine walkabout. Really loved the Yelowglen Pink - 10.

Mouse Catch - Trio of cheese - 10; Prosecco - 10

We had so many wines and beers throughout our multiple visits to Epcot than I can't remember them all. I just know that we loved every one we tried!