PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House

DisneyFr33k
10-26-2008, 08:59 AM
We visited Tusker House Saturday, October 18th. We have visited it several years back when it was a counter service and loved it then. Therefore we were excited to see what they had to offer as a table.

We had ADR's for 5:25. We checked in at 5:20 and had a whopping wait of 1 minute before being called.

Our server was the best! He had a lot of fun with the children and before the dinner was over, our 11 year old daughter wanted to know if he could be our server all week! I told her that was only on the cruise, but she had fun joking with him abou it. Lee, we love you! :thumbsup:

The food was great! The Salmon as average but the seafood stew and orzo pasta was fantastic!! The Cape May currey chicken was wonderful as was the warm banana-cinnamon bread pudding. :thumbsup:

The kids had plenty to pick from as there was an area for more "normal" looking food to keep them full.

We have been to Boma and this is very comparable. We will definitely go back!!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Dh and I are looking forward in eating there again this year. We'll be there on 11/25 for breakfast. It's a yummy buffet:number1:

11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP:thumbsup:

threeh
10-28-2008, 12:11 PM
We ate at Tusker house for the first time last year and I really enjoyed it. We are doing dinner this year on an EMH night. I think it'll be a great day all around!!:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
We did this as a walkup in January and we didn't wait long either.....DH and DS were over playing the drums (over yonder) and I walked to the podium asked how long, they handed me a pager and I walked back toward DH and told him a "few minutes" and the pager went off!!

The service was good and the food was also good! I would go back again, but I will say I did like it better when it was a CS place.

ginger19
10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I can't seem to find a menu on this one. Can anyone give me an idea on what's on the menu? We could only get a 4pm ressie for Y&Y so I might switch to this if it's good.

#1donaldfan
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
YEAH......got an ADR for late December.....can't wait.....:thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
I just wanted to add my recommendation for this resturant. I ate lunch there on 10/23. I made ADRs the night before, and there were walk-ups. The only negative was that I had to wait 20 minutes after my ADR time, yet walk-ups were being told they'd have to wait about 25 minutes. But once in there, I too loved it. A :thumbsup: for the orzo, roast beef, green beans, and baklava especially.

DisneyFr33k
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
I can't seem to find a menu on this one. Can anyone give me an idea on what's on the menu? We could only get a 4pm ressie for Y&Y so I might switch to this if it's good.

Here it is:

Adults: Lunch $19.99/Dinner $26.99
Children: Lunch $10.99/Dinner $12.99

Blatjang Chuntneys with South African Preserves, Sambals
Tabbouleh, Hummus and Baba Ghanoush
Endive, Apple and Walnut Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Caesar Salad
Mixed Greens
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Sliced Turkey, Ham and Cheeses
Tunisian Couscous Salad
Green Bean and Onion Salad
Curried Rice Salad
Fresh Fruit

Vegetarian Table:
Marrakesh Couscous with roasted vegetables
Vegetable samosas, spiced tandoori tofu
Jollaf Rice
Pearl Couscous with sweet basil essence

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Corn Dog Nuggets
Macaroni and Cheese
Corn Medley
Chicken Drumsticks
Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes

Salmon Filet
Root Vegetables and Cabbage
Seafood Stew
Orzo Pasta
Green Bean Medley
Rotisserie Chicken
Yukon Gold Potato Wedges
Mashed Potatoes
Carved Top Sirloin Roast and Pork Loin
Cape Malay Curry Chicken
Basmati Rice with Toasted Almonds

Fruit Cobbler
Warm Banana-cinnamon bread pudding
Assorted Pastries

ginger19
10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Thank you!

handmaidenofprincesses
10-30-2008, 06:45 PM
My aunt and I have a ressie for lunch there in Jan. We weren't really sure what it was, but it looked pretty in pictures so I said "We're eating there." (Good way of picking an eatery, I know... my aunt was skeptical) I admit to having been slightly nervous, but now I'm excited!!

TikiGoddess
10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Has anyone done the character breakfast? We are thinking of doing this in Aug next year, rather than visiting Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's...

Kathy