PDA

View Full Version : Weather Check

OregonPachey
10-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Can anyone tell me what the weather has been like recently? I see on weather.com that the temperature for our trip should be in the 70's. I am packing shorts and capris. Should I be brining a light jacket for the evenings?

Thanks!

BigRedDad
10-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Weather will be iffy at this time of year. It could be in the 80s during the day and it could be in the 50s as well. Typical trends have it in the mid-70s to low 80s during the day with high-50s, low-60s at night. In any scenario, it is shorts weather for me. I don't start to get cold until it is down in the 40s.

Strmchsr
10-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Just check the weather thread at the top of this forum. Recently things have been up and down, but a little cooler and wetter than normal.

The Weather Channel website isn't very accurate on temps because no human looks at it. It's just a computer model automated read out. So, look at the Orlando TV stations or, as I mentioned, the forecast thread in this forum, and that will help you out a lot more.

LittleRoosMommy
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
We just got back from WDW on Saturday. The weather was great!! It was usually 70-low 80s during the day, but it did drop into the 60s at night. I was never really cold, nor was DH, but for our DDs we had light jackets/sweatshirts for them. We also had our parents with us and our moms were always chilly, so they definitely had a jacket and pants on in the evenings! I have to say that even with the rain on Friday and Saturday, it was still warm! Perfect for this time of year!

epceddie
10-27-2008, 04:30 PM
We were at WDW Oct. 19-24 and the weather couldn't have been nicer.

It was in the low 80's all week, with some rain Thursday night and most of Friday.

We got by just fine with t-shirts and shorts all week, even at night.

We flew home to Providence (we live in nearby Taunton, Mass.) and the temperature was 47 when we landed. You could see your breath leaving the plane and walking up the boarding tunnel into the airport.

It was much nicer than last October, which was hot (90's) and very humid.

ILive4Disney
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
I can tell you one thing....we are supposed to be going down to the 50's over the next few days at night and we are S. FL....I would bring one pair of pants to be safe....it can get chilly at night especially when you have been in the sun all day =) Have fun!!