PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Signature Dining Resturant?

Dulcee
10-25-2008, 03:33 PM
What is everyone's favorite Signature Dining resturant and why...?

wifey5794
10-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Our favorite is California Grill. With all of the hustle and bustle and the pushing, standing in que lines etc...it is the one place where we always go and don't feel rushed, cramped etc. We love the view and for 2 hours or so we have a peaceful dinner (even with DD9 and DS10) and can just chill!
But this next trip we will be having dinner for the first time at Narcosee's and my friends swear we won;t go back to CG ever again!

We'll see.

dmosher
10-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I know it will sound cliche', but California Grill still is on top. We had our honeymoon dinner at Artist Point and for a while that was the one, but on our last trip, we were not as impressed with the service/food as we were before. CG always seems to be consistent and the memories there are always great. Get a reservation during the MK fireworks and you will want to eat there every trip. Guaranteed. The lights dim, the music sounds off (the pipe the MK sounds into the restaurant) and you get a view of the fireworks you have NEVER seen before. Plus the food is amazing and the deserts... wow!
:pipes:
D

dizneeat
10-25-2008, 04:33 PM
But this next trip we will be having dinner for the first time at Narcosee's and my friends swear we won;t go back to CG ever again!

We'll see.

We went to WDW for 18 days of free dining this August and the worst meal we had was at Narcoossee's! So don't forget about the CG yet!;)

Here's another vote for the California Grill! There is nothing more wonderful than seeing the sun go down from up there, enjoying a wonderful meal and sipping my Strawberry Daiquiry! We have NEVER been disappointed at the California Grill! :thumbsup:

Tinkerbellfan
10-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Goodness this is like asking who is my favorite dog (ha, ha).

We have had the best overall experiences at both Jikos and Flying Fish. We have dined at each restaurant several times and they were outstanding each time - wonderful food, great services and excellent atmosphere. We have dined at CG twice and had a bad experience once so I can't make it our favorite.

WishingStar2006
10-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I got SOOO sick :ill: from the sushi appetizer at California Grill that I don't ever want to go back...just the thought of the restaurant brings back bad memories....yes, it's nice to watch the fireworks from on high!!

We went to Narcosees for the first time this past August and it was fabulous! I had always wanted to try it and I will definitely go back!

Lots of different opinions here...oh, and we didn't care for the Yachtsman Steakhouse either all though most people rave about it.

Gee, I sound so negative and I don't mean to.....WDW is my favorite place in the world and I would go anytime...I'm already packed :mickey:

henry.james.s
10-25-2008, 04:55 PM
The California Grill is my fave with The Flying Fish a very close 2nd.
My next trip I'll go to each 3 times.
Yachtsman is ok but for a "signature" resturant their service has NEVER been more than average and often indifferent.

hardingella
10-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Its got to be Artist Point at WL. The resort is so rustic and relaxing, a great way to end a hetic day around the parks. When we went we started off with cocktails by the lake, and then entered the beautifully set restaurant. Our server was so knowledgeble, and helpful with menu choices.
We did wonder if at first it would be suitable for DS7 who is to say the least a fussy eater, but we neednt have worried, they were very accomodating.
The choice of wines were AMAZING, and the childrens puzzle dessert was out of this world, it kept them amuzed for ages.
Its a must if you have never been.:thumbsup:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge:number1:
Dh and I are eating there on 11/24 ( our first day @ Disney )

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP

KatMark
10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
We have never done a Signature dining restaurant at Disney. But based on the reviews of someone I met on another board, we are going to give Jiko a try next year. It will probably be the only Signature dining we ever do...DH and I aren't into dressing up at Disney and we have fine dining at home so we don't feel the need to do it on vacation...rather spend the time in the parks, etc.

mickeys_princess_mom
10-26-2008, 10:03 PM
We went to Narcosees for the first time this past August and it was fabulous! I had always wanted to try it and I will definitely go back!

We've been a few times, and love Narcoossie's, too!

pluto 77
10-26-2008, 10:32 PM
That is a tough choice. I would say CG but DW would say Narcoossies. A close second for both of us is Artists Point

TheRustyScupper
10-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Bistro de Paris (hands down).

dolphinmickey9170
10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
We have been to CG and Narcoossee's and I really enjoy both!

CG has a great oak fired filet, the atmosphere is fabulous, we love to go out on the observation deck to watch Wishes between courses.

Narcoossee's was great too. The atmosphere was quiet, very dark too. Watching the water parade and then wishes from our table was wonderful!

Service was TOP NOTCH at both!

mudpuppysmom
10-29-2008, 12:07 PM
That's a tough one!!

We really enjoy Jiko and return each trip.....

We also like Cali Grill.....DH enjoyed himself thoroughly in January....DS LOVED the view and ate ALL of his food!! I will even say that while I could eat no protein on that trip, I had enough to keep my full -- I'm no vegetarian, but if I had to do another trip without meat protein I'd survive here-- those Sonoma goatcheese ravioli should be a main course!!

We very much enjoyed Narcoossees too!!

The only place that I did not like was Artist Point.....DH liked it though and wants to go back!

Like I said, it's a tough choice for us!

SBETigg
10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
The food, service, and atmosphere is excellent at almost all of the signatures, but it is the breathtaking views that set California Grill apart for us.

LandFan
10-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I know I am in the minority here but we didn't really like Cali grill (snooty forgetful waiter, cold appetizer, etc) and Artist's Point was just so-so for us too (we can get buffalo easily around us - there is a buffalo farm up the road and the buffalo steak was nothing special and the fruit cobbler was AWFUL that day).

We are trying JIKO this Thanksgiving and are hoping for better results. I really think we will like JIKO as I like adventurous foods/different spices.

So we'll see...

dtootsie42
10-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Our favorite must do every trip is Narcoossee's!! We have never had a bad meal and have always had terrific service.

We cannot say the same about Cali Grill, the service has always been hit or miss and the food was great one time and terrible another.