PDA

View Full Version : Brides (and Grooms!)To Be Club

PirateLover
10-25-2008, 10:02 AM
I thought I would start this up again as it seems like a lot of us here on Intercot have been getting engaged lately!

I have been engaged since last Dec. (It happened on my Bday in WDW- You can read the story and see pics and videos via this thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=123304) )

I posted not too long ago about people pushing us to set and date and needing to save money etc. Well, my parents finally gave me an idea of how much money they will give us, and we were able to come up with a budget, so we set a date! June 12, 2010. June 12 was my Grandmom's birthday. She died in April 2002. A few days after, I was asked to go to the movies with John and a bunch of friends. It was a late movie that would cause me to break curfew, but my dad let me go because he didn't want me to mope around and be sad about Gram. That is the night I decided that I definitely liked John and I would start actively pursuing him. I have always felt that Gram was looking out for me, ensuring that I fell for a nice guy, and so it was fitting to find that her birthday fell on a weekend in the year we were planning to get married. :)

We are in the process of booking a hall, but I think I know where I want to go. Price is reasonable (65 per person, kids 1/2 price) and it's a buffet of all the food we love. We will get married at my local church (St. Casimir's for anyone familiar with South Philly). So, things are coming together for us!

What about the rest of you brides-to-be and grooms-to-be. Any tips from all you married folk who have been down this road before?

*Liz*
10-25-2008, 10:49 PM
What a nice story! :)

I am hoping for a Disney wedding and we'll be making some calls when I go back home for Thanksgiving next month. It's either a large (100-200 people) Italian wedding in NJ or a small (20-30 people) Disney wedding in FL and I'm hoping for the latter. :cloud9: As much as I would want extended family to be there, Disney wins out. ;)

We're having a long engagement since we still have 2 years of school left and we, basically, still live at home. But I can wait. :)

Georgesgirl1
10-26-2008, 04:07 PM
DH and I have been married for 5 1/2 years and my advice is to enjoy the planning process and don't get to wrapped up in having the perfect day!

If you stress out about the plans, turn into a bridezilla, and expect everything to go off without a hitch you will end up not enjoying the day. A few weeks before my wedding I ended up breaking my hand so I had to wear a cast at the wedding and our ring bearer got scared and wouldn't go down the aisle. Luckily I broke my right hand, so I could still wear my rings on my left hand. And we hadn't given our ring bearer the actual rings so it didn't really matter if he got up to the altar or not. But no matter what didn't go as planned at the end of the day DH and I were married and that was all that was important!

Good luck and enjoy this exciting time in your life!

DizNee143
10-27-2008, 09:37 AM
today is exactly one month i have been married..
so i pretty much just went through all the planning and all that fun stuff!!
goodluck with everything..
like another poster said..dont stress out to much..and if everything doesnt go as plan dont worry about it..as long as you get married to your fiance that is ALL that matters!!
we had to deal with a really bad limo driver..the man broke my bouquet! (thank god it was after the ceremony)..i was so mad..
and the hotel we had the reception at lost half of my place cards..i had to write out new ones right then and there! otherwise it was a great night..that i will never forget!!! :mickey: