PDA

View Full Version : who wins the world series?

eeyorelover63
10-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Who do you think will win the World Series? Rays or Philllies?

PirateLover
10-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Lets go Fightin' Phils!

Ian
10-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I had to go with the Fightin's myself. I really think they'll win it in 5.

kakn7294
10-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm hoping for the Rays.

Ian
10-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm hoping for the Rays.I'll remember that the next time the Pirates play for a World Series.

If I live that long. ;)

Tinkerbella16
10-25-2008, 11:14 AM
None other than the Fightin Phillssss baby!!!

Lets go PHILLIESSS!!!! :number1:

eeyorelover63
10-25-2008, 01:34 PM
LETS GO RAYS!!!

Princess Leia
10-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Go Rays!! :number1:

J9
10-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Umm...is there a reason why all the Pittsburgh people are going with the Rays? How about a little Pennsylvania love?!?!?!

eeyorelover63
10-25-2008, 05:53 PM
i am a pennsylavania person, but i just cant
cheer for the Phillies cuz im a Pittsburgh person. cant cheer for any Phily teams!!!

J9
10-25-2008, 06:14 PM
i am a pennsylavania person, but i just cant
cheer for the Phillies cuz im a Pittsburgh person. cant cheer for any Phily teams!!!

That's so sad! I'm a Philly person, and I know if the Pirates or the Steelers or Penguins or whoever were in the championships (so long as they weren't playing against us for the crown), I would definitely root for them - it's a non-issue! If my city couldn't win, then at least my state could!

PirateLover
10-26-2008, 01:57 AM
That's so sad! I'm a Philly person, and I know if the Pirates or the Steelers or Penguins or whoever were in the championships (so long as they weren't playing against us for the crown), I would definitely root for them - it's a non-issue! If my city couldn't win, then at least my state could!

I don't root for the Pens these days, although I was a Mario fan back in the day. However I have rooted for the Steelers in the past, and I don't care either way ab the Pirates... although if this were Rays vs Pirates I would def root for Pirates. :shrug:

Ian
10-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Not me. I hate all Pittsburgh teams, so I feel them. I pretty much root for anyone playing against the Steelers or Pens. In fact, the Pens are one of my top five "Most Hated" teams in all four of the major sports.

The Pirates are so pathetic it's not even worth wasting energy on them.

BMan62
10-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Phillies and Penn State -- two PA Champions!!!!

For the Phillies, I think experience wins out. Tampa Bay has a great, young team and will be fun to watch for the next few years, but they need a bit more experience playing as a team. The Phils have been through the wringer as a team for the past few years and are playing like it - one player will pick it up when another is down. That's why, even though the "money" players haven't been on top of their game, the Phightin's keep winning.

Sat in Veterans Stadium for two playoff games and one World Series game in '93 and wish I could have had the opportunity to buy in this year!! Would love to see this team remain intact for a couple more years to see if they can keep it together.

eeyorelover63
10-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Not me. I hate all Pittsburgh teams, so I feel them. I pretty much root for anyone playing against the Steelers or Pens. In fact, the Pens are one of my top five "Most Hated" teams in all four of the major sports.

The Pirates are so pathetic it's not even worth wasting energy on them.

see it is called state rivalry...no matter if they are playing each other or not....Pirates are pretty disappointing(spelling) (the last 16 years:( ) have to be a true fan!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
PHILLIES all the way!!!!!:number1::number1::number1:

indytraveler
10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Who do I WANT??? RAYS
Who will WIN? Phillies

GO RAYS

Mackflava99
10-27-2008, 10:05 AM
I went to see the game saturday night- whileit was a great game, it was brutal to sit SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long and then start up so late- MLB needs to do a better job of understanding us fans do have to drive home eventually....

Go Phills!!

J9
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
I went to see the game saturday night- whileit was a great game, it was brutal to sit SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long and then start up so late- MLB needs to do a better job of understanding us fans do have to drive home eventually....

Go Phills!!

We were talking about that the other night. We think that it was actually Fox's call to not call the game entirely. Supposedly the makeup game would have been the same day and time as the House season premiere. I can see why Fox wouldn't want to move that since they're already promoting it so heavily!

LauraleeH
10-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I want the Rays (Hello, I'm from Tampa!) but I don't think they will do it.

It's so weird because when we were going to the World Series, I just assumed that we would win. Then we lost a game and I saw how disappointed everyone was and realized that we probably won't win now.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-01-2008, 08:19 AM
PHILLIES are World Series Champions all the way... Congratulations fighting Phillies, you did it!!!!!:number1::number1::number1::number1::number 1::number1::number1:

Ian
11-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Well I guess we know the answer to this question now, don't we?

I hope all 13 of you that picked the Rays feel appropriately sheepish. :secret:

wdwfansince75
11-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I want to take back my comment on the other thread....you are condescending! Perhaps even pretentious! O well, now you will have to suffer through another 30 years or so! Phillies have had more ball parks than pennants. Is that a path forward for the Cubs? Move and triumph! How would that sound in Latin?

PirateLover
11-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I want to take back my comment on the other thread....you are condescending! Perhaps even pretentious! O well, now you will have to suffer through another 30 years or so! Phillies have had more ball parks than pennants. Is that a path forward for the Cubs? Move and triumph! How would that sound in Latin?

:confused: did I miss something here?

eeyorelover63
11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
i did want the rays but i honestly knew that the
phillies would win:blush: sad to say that they did:ack:

J9
11-01-2008, 02:06 PM

What're you talking about? I did a search of your posts, and you haven't posted anything regarding the Phillies or on a sports thread since at least August. (I didn't go back any farther than that.) So...I think you're a little confused, especially since no one said anything condescending! LOL!

In other news, does anyone know if the Phils will be in a WDW parade? If so, when? I'm going next week and it would be awesome to be able to see them! (I'm thinking they won't, though, because of the proximity to Tampa - what a shame)

wdwfansince75
11-01-2008, 04:44 PM
[quote=J9;1773734]What're you talking about? I did a search of your posts, and you haven't posted anything regarding the Phillies or on a sports thread since at least August. (I didn't go back any farther than that.) So...I think you're a little confused, especially since no one said anything condescending! LOL!

Actually, it had nothing to do with the Phillies.....There was another thread, about tickets and park hoppers in which Ian was accused of being condescending...
I responded in his defense...last time I'll do that!

Having grown up in NEPA, I recall the Whiz Kids, the Phils of 50, who lost in 4 to the hated Yankees....The team of Richie Ashburn, Robin Roberts, Curt Simmons....and Putsy Caballero (Putsy who...only the 3rd youngest player ever to play major league baseball!) As I learned then, its a little early to start talking dynasty.

J9
11-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Actually, it had nothing to do with the Phillies.....There was another thread, about tickets and park hoppers in which Ian was accused of being condescending...
I responded in his defense...last time I'll do that!

Having grown up in NEPA, I recall the Whiz Kids, the Phils of 50, who lost in 4 to the hated Yankees....The team of Richie Ashburn, Robin Roberts, Curt Simmons....and Putsy Caballero (Putsy who...only the 3rd youngest player ever to play major league baseball!) As I learned then, its a little early to start talking dynasty.

This is kinda ridiculous. No one said anything about a dynasty either!!! Let Phils fans rejoice! It's been 30 years, and no one is being condescening or pretentious - at least not in this thread. Please, don't create drama where there isn't any!!! LOL

wdwfansince75
11-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Ian, if you were offended, sorry. Tried to poke just a little fun!
And J9, please be assured that I meant no offense to Phillies fans.

Ian
11-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Trust me. I'm not offended!