PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have flown out of Pittsburgh..

threeh
10-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Can anyone suggest somewhere to park and maybe get a shuttle for cheap?? We stayed at the Hyatt last year and just walked to the airport but I still had to pay for parking and it was like 100$. I want cheap parking this year. My flight is in the afternoon so we are driving to Pittsburgh.

Thanks for any info!!

Jeff T
10-24-2008, 10:26 AM
The extended parking area at the Pittsburgh Airport has a maximum rate of $6.75 at day, which is $47.25 per week. Off-site rates are no less than $6.00 per day. With this in mind, I simply park at the airport.

mudpuppysmom
10-24-2008, 10:42 AM
If you are staying at a hotel -- check with them, sometimes you can park for free (we have at the Crowne Plaza) and sometimes they charge $5 (like the Holiday Inn does). I think that getting the shuttle right at the front door of the hotel and dropped off right at the check in area are perks -- and when you get home they pick you up curbside -- all this for little or no cost.

If you are not staying at an offsite hotel then I suggest parking right at the airport -- it really is not that much less expensive to park at an offisite lot if you ask me, plus you have to ride their shuttle to and from the airport (you still have to ride the airport shuttle too, but not for upwards of 10 minutes like offsite lots).

I have been looking for "deals" for parking when we go in December and DH has the choice b/c he is flying down two days after us and coming home the day before us (work committments), so he can decide if he wants to park at the airport or an offiste lot (some of them have indoor parking too!).

I guess it just all comes down to what you want from the shuttle service. We've run the gamut.....stayed at the Hyatt and paid $100 to park....stayed offsite at a hotel and paid nothing or paid a little (still less than the lots) and also parked right at the airport in extended parking.

If you do a search on Pittsburgh airport parking you will get a few places and can compare them......and their coupons too!

PittFan
10-24-2008, 11:17 AM
I park @ the extended term parking lot. It's $6.75 a day i think. There are shuttle bus stops everywhere in the lot, we never have to walk far.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Here is another vote for parking right there at the airport at the extended lot. Well worth the $6.75. And after flying back with kids in hand, who wants to wait even longer to travel to get there car. Just jump on the shuttle and you are dropped off at your car.

Next trip to Disney..next Friday, October 31st!!!

kakn7294
10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
We park in the extended lots at the airport too. We use curbside baggage check - DDs and I get dropped off by DH so we check the luggage while he parks then meet up inside in time to get in the security line.

KarenP
10-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Here is where I usually park:

http://www.charliebrownsairportparking.com/

hoop de do
10-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Not sure how far from Pittsburgh you are. We stay the night before our flight at Day's Inn. They provide shuttle service to and from the hotel to the airport. You can leave your car at the hotel until your return from Disney. If you need anymore info just (PM) me and I'll try and help. Hope you have a great vaca.

disneyfan328
10-27-2008, 12:40 PM
After having done both I have to say that the extended stay lot was not only Cheaper, but better. It was easier to get back to our car once we were home and the kids and I were able to wait inside the terminal while my wonderful DH went and picked up our van and came back to get us. No lugging all the luggage to a shuttle ect. and it was cheaper. We have done both Globe parking and Charlie Brown in the past - even with the coupon from either the paper or the Entertainment book, parking long term at the airport was still less money and again lots easier after 9 days at Disney!!

PittFan
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
We park in the extended lots at the airport too. We use curbside baggage check - DDs and I get dropped off by DH so we check the luggage while he parks then meet up inside in time to get in the security line.

On my September trip the curbside checkin was blocked off. Security told me they no longer allow curbside checkin at the airport.

kakn7294
10-27-2008, 05:40 PM
On my September trip the curbside checkin was blocked off. Security told me they no longer allow curbside checkin at the airport.Huh, I hadn't heard that. I'll have to check into that if we fly in March. Do they still allow passenger drop-off there? At least we could do that - DH could drop us off so the girls and I could check our luggage at the SW desk inside while DH parks the Jeep.

threeh
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks all for the great and helpful info!!!:mickey:

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-28-2008, 07:19 AM
I maybe wrong also but I thought I heard on the news awhile back that curbside check was stopped. Can't remember the reason why though.

biodtl
10-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Do they still allow passenger drop-off there?
They do. We did this on our trip a couple of weeks ago. It was rainy and chilly, so DH dropped us off at the curb and then parked and met us inside at check-in.