PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about room booking and DP

DisneyWhirled
10-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Friends of mine are planning an impromptu trip to WDW next month. They already have their park passes (from a prior trip) and are just booking a room (POR). Can they add the DP or do they need to purchase lenth of stay passes?

I feel like a complete novice. I answered a ton of questions for her, but wasn't sure about this one since we have DVC and don't book rooms/packages.

Thanks!!

DisneyBabies
10-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Your friend needs to book the room, the DDP and (at least) one day park passes for each person to get a package.

The DDP has to be for the length of your stay, but the park tickets do not. You just have to have a minimum of one day park tickets for each person.

Hope this helps.

threeh
10-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I think they can add on the DP but will have to get a one day ticket with it. That was my understanding of DDP it is attached to the tickets. I know for DVC you can just book it but I don't think that is the case with a regular room. I know someone will be able to answer for sure. I know when I was going to split a stay with the DP I would of had to get a one day park ticket to add on the DP.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-24-2008, 09:34 AM
They will need to book the DP as part of a package. They will need to get 1 day passes to qualify for the DP for the length of their stay. They can use their existing passes for the other days.

Hope that made sense.

threeh
10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
That's funny all 3 responses are like a minute apart!!:thumbsup:

DisneyWhirled
10-24-2008, 09:39 AM
He he he...they are a minute apart, huh? That is why I love INTERCOT. You get great information from so many wonderful people!!

Thank you very much, everyone!!! I thought that is how it works, but I wasn't sure!!

Have a great weekend!!

Goofy4TheWorld
10-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Something to consider if they plan on going to Disney again in the future.

If they already have park tickets that will cover them for the entire current trip, they would be better served to NOT use those 1-day tickets at all while they are there this time. They can hold on to them and upgrade them for a FUTURE trip to whatever length they need when the times comes for the next trip, and they will get credited for the cost of that one day ticket towards the cost of the upgraded ticket. The 1-day tickets will not expire as long as you do not use them.

At least, I am 95% dure this is the case. It is something I have learned this from Intercot, so if it were wrong, blame Intercot.:blush: