PDA

View Full Version : Life on Mars

Carol
10-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Anyone else watching??

I'm really enjoying this new show. I really love Jason O'Mara. He's not only easy on the eyes - but a great choice for Sam Tyler.

I'm always so apprehensive about watching any new dramas. My luck they're usually canceled without resolve and it's very frustrating season after season.

As a person who grew-up during the 70's it's cool to go down memory lane with this show - not to mention the great music.

I hope it stays around for a while -- or at least so we see how Sam gets 'home'.

WDWFanatic
10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
:thumbsup: My DH and I are really liking this show also. It's so funny to see how much the world has changed in just a short time.

They have some great comments. Like the I really really like you crime.

I hope it sticks around also.

ChipnDaleGal
10-24-2008, 08:48 AM
I really like Jason O' Mara, but I chickened out on this one. It looked like something I would like and then have it get canceled on me. Maybe since I did that, it will end up being a hit. Seems like I kill a lot of shows. :blush:

vicster
10-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Ditto on the 70s - what a flashback. I can't believe the clothes we wore - what we were thinking! And the music is awesome - unfortunately it is now considered "The Oldies".

PittFan
10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Ditto on the 70s - what a flashback. I can't believe the clothes we wore - what we were thinking! And the music is awesome - unfortunately it is now considered "The Oldies".

:ditto:

I love this show. It definitely got me reminiscing.

Tick-Tock
10-24-2008, 01:24 PM
For anyone who's just found this show (and especially those of you afraid to watch in case it gets canceled), there's a complete series of the original British version (2 seasons) available on DVD (though maybe only from the UK).

RedSoxFan
10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
I saw the first show and loved it. The other 2 episodes are on tivo and I hope to watch this week. Love the 70's music --- I grew up with it.

krose78
04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Did anyone watch last nights episode?

RedSoxFan
04-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I did watch last night's episode. Still undecided whether or not I like the ending.

Goofster
04-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I liked it...totally suprising, but at the same time...completely in sync with the title of the show. Very clever. I think it would have had even more shock value (like Newhart) had the show aired for a few more seasons.

This is one reason why I'm getting frustrated with ABC. This is now the 5th ABC drama that I have watched that has been cancelled after only 1 season. :mad:

IamBelle
04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
This show is cancelled!! I just started to get into it!! That's the fourth ABC show that has done that to me!!

krose78
04-03-2009, 10:37 AM
I liked the ending until I found out it was the series finale. I just thought they were taking it in a whole different direction.

Tink1
04-03-2009, 10:48 AM
At least they ended it!

I hate it when they don't finish. I loved Journeyman and Eli Stone and they went off with no conclusion (ok - they were not on that long but still)

Nanc

WDWFanatic
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
At least they ended it!

I hate it when they don't finish. I loved Journeyman and Eli Stone and they went off with no conclusion (ok - they were not on that long but still)

Nanc

Exactly! I'm glad they knew that they weren't getting picked up for a second season so the didn't end with a cliff hanger (is that the right terms...seems off).

I really enjoyed this show and I was glad they tied it all up at the end.

The Reservoir Dog
04-04-2009, 04:32 AM
For anyone who's just found this show (and especially those of you afraid to watch in case it gets canceled), there's a complete series of the original British version (2 seasons) available on DVD (though maybe only from the UK).

The original British version has become a classic over here. Philip Glenister who plays DCI Gene Hunt has become a cult hero.

A spin off series Ashes to Ashes (set in the early eighties) will be starting it's second series here very soon.

bicker
04-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I thought the finale was really great, and pretty funny too.