PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green and ADRs

TiggeRia
10-23-2008, 04:08 PM
My family has switched our hotel reservations from April 2009 from the AKL to the SOG. My question is this. Does the 180 day +10 rule also apply to guests staying at the SOG, or is it just 180 days and I would have to call out 180 from each individual day I want an ADR? Although it won't make a difference for this trip because making the ADRs is delayed until December I would like to know for future reference. Thanks! :mickey:

medic9016
10-23-2008, 06:09 PM
We call at 180 days and make all our ADRs for the whole trip.

GBBT
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Are you planning to use Disney Transportation at SOG? I think I would change back to AKL.When we were there last year,we decided to take the SOG bus to DTD from MK and it was an old bus that Disney used years ago.Duct tape holding seats together and windows together,exhaust fumes into the bus.The experience with the bus would make me change back to AKL....just saying.:(

Pirate Granny
10-23-2008, 06:39 PM
We had no issues and nice buses when we were there over Memorial Day weekend...we always used the Shades of Green bus...including the one that went from MK parking lot back to SoG...and they were clean and always on time.
:pirate:

TiggeRia
10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Are you planning to use Disney Transportation at SOG? I think I would change back to AKL.When we were there last year,we decided to take the SOG bus to DTD from MK and it was an old bus that Disney used years ago.Duct tape holding seats together and windows together,exhaust fumes into the bus.The experience with the bus would make me change back to AKL....just saying.

Bus transportation won't be an issue. We'll have a rental to get around because my dad is in an ECV and I've given up on ECV's and buses. I totally wish we could change back to the AKL, but with the economy right now, I just can't justify the difference in price.

jrpersinger
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
To answer the question, Yes it is 180 + 10. Just make sure to have your reservation # from SOG handy when you call. They have always asked me for that in order to make the +10.

I am not a fan of SOG transportation either, actually I hate it. We have had the worst luck with it. We drive ourselves around now. Much much easier! And now that we have seen how much easier it is to have your own car, we would do this at any resort/park that did not have a monorail. I can not imagine passing up SOG just because of the trans. Its to good of a bargin for such a great hotel.

mudpuppysmom
10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Just a flip side to the coin....I've tried to make 180+10 ADRs with my SOG confirmation number and been told you cannot do it!! So, I have just waited the extra 10 days and done it then.

We are doing the opposite of you this trip....but only because I got a PIN code!! If it weren't for the PIN code we would probably not even be going. We normally stay at Shades.....I like it there! When I told my sister about it she was of the same opinon I was.....military + hotel= yuk! Well, I'm hoping to change her mind b/c we are flying in the night before we check into AKL and staying at SOG that night.

As for their transportation......I think there are more people out there that are not fans of it than are. I've tried it a few times and I just cannot seem to deal with it!

Since you cannot use ME transfers at SOG you have to rent a car (or use a service and then what is the point.....you can have your own car to go pick up "supplies" or go offsite to eat if you choose, sure you have to drive yourself, but the car is yours for the trip, so if you decide to use it to transfer yourself to and from the airport no big deal -- you still have some freedom!).

Sounds like you don't need convincing on the transportation system there though!

Have a great trip!

wdwfansince75
10-24-2008, 01:35 PM
For our last trip this past June, I was able to make ADR's at 180 before first night of stay....forgot about leap year, so I actually tried at 181....was told I couldn't do it.....still able to get LeCellier and Cali Grill (at a conventient time for Wishes).
About the transportation.....buses are not great, but do stay very close to schedule....I am an incurable park hopper, and often did two or three parks a day.....drove a few times, but for AK and DHS, found it more convenient to use the SoG buses to AK and DHS, and on return, the park to TTC bus, and the TTC to SoG bus. They were having bus problems while we were there, and brought in at least on substitute bus, which was in poor shape....but it ran on time!

We found walking to the Poly (or driving for DW and our friend Peg, who both had ECV's) the best way to get to MK.
As a side note, the only problem I had with transportation was getting back to SoG from DHS...Since the SoG bus was not scheduled back for about 30 minutes, Icaught the DHS to TTC bus, which was diverted to FtWilderness to pick up guests, as the Ft. Wilderness to DHS bus had broken down.....note that both the broken down bus and the bus diverted as a sustitute were Disney buses....got back to SoG well after the DHS to SOG bus.