PDA

View Full Version : Boma - Breakfast or Dinner?

auntbaloo
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Do you like Boma's breakfast or dinner better? We know we will definitely be going there in February and currently have ADRs for dinner but starting to rethink this. :confused: We are not big breakfast eaters normally but this will be the ONE morning we make a point to get up early and go to AK :coffee:. Has anyone ever had a problem getting there for breakfast using WDW transportation? Also, I don't want to miss out on the zebra domes - do they put those out for breakfast? We've never been there so would like your advice! :thumbsup:

Shugoondola
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
If you could possibly do both, I would try that. If that is not possible, then I would definitely say dinner. While I love Boma's breakfast, it is not really anything out of the ordinary. (The frunch is really good, though.) I think they have the best breakfast buffet on property, but it is not a must-do. I don't believe they put the zebra domes out for breakfast, but I can't really remember.

Dinner is wonderful and is a must-do for me every trip. :number1: :tasty: I wouldn't miss it.

:mickey:

DisneyHoneymooners
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I would have to say dinner as well. Breakfast has a few African-inspired dishes but the variety at dinner is phenomenal.
Also, I don't recall seeing the zebra domes at breakfast but they sell them at the Mara which opens at 6am.

cer
10-23-2008, 05:18 PM
We've only done dinner at Boma. (Going back in Feb.)

We like to be at the parks for rope drop, so we tend to avoid TS breakfasts - But dinner at Boma is great!

They have a a great variety to choose from and go back for more!

Zawadi
10-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Best to try both, but if limited to only one, then we'd choose dinner. You get a good selection of African themed food, which isn't available anywhere else.
Boma changes it's dinner menu on set days throughout the week, so if you're lucky enough to go twice, then check out the rotation days.

Breakfast is not really different than that served at other buffets, sausage, eggs, cereal, fruit, pastries etc.

Zebradomes are not served at breakfast, however they are available in packs of 5 from the Mara (open 6am to 11pm)

LandFan
10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Dinner:cloud9:

threeh
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I've only had dinner there, but it was GREAT!!!
If you can do both I can't imagine breakfast would be bad. There are soooo many tasty choices for dinner!!
Enjoy:mickey:

auntbaloo
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Dinner at Boma it is!! :D Thanks for your help everyone! :rocks:

Zawadi
10-24-2008, 12:48 PM
A final thought from us. The Boma's "Carrot & Ginger" soup is, in the words of Scar, "to die for!". So much so that on our last visit our server gave us a copy of the recipe. :D:D