PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic and the Dining Plan...

Dulcee
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Can you do the Fantasmic Dinner pacakge as part of the dining plan? And if you can which restuarant does it cover and how many TS credits does it use per person...?

ljv1975
10-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes, you can use the dining plan for the Fantasmic package. I highly recommend it!!

The restaurants are Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose (both of these are 1 credit places), and Hollywood Brown Derby (2 credits).

We did the package at Hollywood & Vine this past March. We're trying the Brown Derby next time.

PlanningMom
10-23-2008, 01:19 PM
We also did the Hollywood and Vine. It was great-kind of like a really homey buffet. We ate early, at 5:30 and then had about an hour to shop and roam before we had to get our seats. Wonderful way to do Fanstasmic-was one of my very favorite parts of WDW!

KylesMom
10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
We highly recommend Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Dinner Package - for 1 TS, it is really worth it. You'll get an appetizer, entree and dessert with your meal. I highly recommend the Tomato/Mozarella Stack, Butcher Tender Steak & Tiramisu for dessert!

As a side note, they have excellent sangria there . . . :D

Lynn J Mc
10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
you do not get an appetizer anymore. Just entree, dessert, non-alcoholic bev. We like to do H&V also.

KylesMom
10-23-2008, 03:22 PM
you do not get an appetizer anymore. Just entree, dessert, non-alcoholic bev. We like to do H&V also.

With the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose (and Brown Derby), you do get an appetizer, entree and dessert. We aren't on the Dining Plan (DDE/"Tables in Wonderland" instead), but it is a specialty package deal that will include your appetizer. It is different than the base dining plan menu since it is a specialty package. It doesn't matter if you're on the Dining Plan or not, you are still going to select an appetizer, entree, dessert & non alcoholic beverage with this package for one price whether you're paying OOP or utilizing the DDP. On the DDP, it will cost you one TS each plus gratuity.

Incidentally, we participated in the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose not once, but twice on our last trip it was so good!

I should also add that we've done the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose for many years in a row now. For the past two years, we've been ordering off the menu which has you choose the appy, entree & dessert - they removed the salad/flatbread/entree/dessert choice quite some time ago . . .

DisneyHoneymooners
10-23-2008, 04:03 PM
We ate at Hollywood & Vine(1 credit) for the Fantasmic Package last year. We thought it was decent. Last month we ate at the Brown Derby(2 credits)for the Fantasmic Package--it was great.::thumbsup: