PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Aquarium

Katzateer
10-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Anyone that has been to the Georgia Aquarium - have you also been to the Shedd Aquarium in Gaitlinburg or Shedd Aquarium in Chicago?

Columbus Zoo Aquarium (I know that one is small but it is great)?

How would they compare?

I was looking a pricing and trying to decide if we could fit this into our drive to Tampa. We only have one day in Atlanta and could just drive and get to the bay early or stay a day to do something in Atlanta.

Thanks for any input.:thumbsup:

snuggs30
10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
I love the one in Gatlinburg! We go every year. It is beautiful. Price is not bad either. Never been to the one in Atlanta, always in a hurry to get to Disney.haha Columbus is very small but I like it too! What about Newport???? not real excited about that one!

deedeenmickey
10-23-2008, 08:35 AM
I have been to the ATL aquarium and I really like it. They have a very cute 4D show (cost a little extra). The World of Coke is right beside it . I enjoyed it too but it's a little pricey for the experience. It has a coke tasteing room similar to the one in Epcot, a 4D show that is very cute and coke memorablia. The aquarium is as good as, if not better than, the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg (I don't know what the Shedd aquarium is???) If you have the time I think it is definately worth it.

Strmchsr
10-23-2008, 08:35 AM
The Georgia Aquarium is well worth the visit. The whale sharks alone are worth seeing. It's a very cool aquarium.

Lynn J Mc
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
I haven't been to the aquariam here in GA yet due to the fact that all my friends have reported much crowdedness and I'm trying to wait until the new wears off. All reports are that it is wonderful. I have been to the ones in Charleston, Chattanooga and Gatlingburg. And prefer them in that order. I would not waste my time on the one in Gatlinburg again.

Advnt05
10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
The ATL aquarium is nice. They have both salt and fresh water exhibits. The whale sharks are amazing and the penguins fun to watch. They also have some hands on stuff you can touch. Definitely worth the trip.