PDA

View Full Version : Need some Info

PrincessASquared
10-22-2008, 07:43 PM
My wife, daughter and I are DVC members. We are planning to be at Disney in 40 days with my brother, SIL, and their two daughters. We are staying in a two bedroom at SSR. We all have DDP. We all have ME booked.
Recently my SIL's father has taken ill and she has mentioned that they might not be able to join us if his illness continues. It is a shame because I know how much they have been looking forward to the trip.
My question is, if they cannot make it, can I have others join us even though all the arrangements have been made in my brothers familys names?
We may not find out that they can't make it until the last minute. We do have another family standing by just in case. Is this possible?
Thanks.

Disneyfun
10-22-2008, 11:12 PM
It's my understanding that you can change the names of the individuals on your reservation at anytime. The only issue is if you are on the Visa promo inwhich the Visa card holder has to be part of the party. That is the only case that I know of that Disney is worried about the names.
I would call WDW reservations to make sure as you are DVC and I have never delt with their side.

TinkerbellT421
10-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Cant have Visa promos or use visa promos if you are part of DVC....so that should not apply....Visa promos or any promo for that matter is usually in "packages" ticket, hotel room etc....DVC is unapplicable....you should be able to change the names on the reservation especially if you explain the situation....as long as you are the one that made the initial reservations and put their names on it....you should be the "main" holder...cant remember the technical name they have for it with DVC....but technically my DBF is the "main" person...so if he made the reservations...I cant call and change them....it has to come from him...even though my name is on the property and my name is on the reservation

Ian
10-23-2008, 07:44 AM
I did it before when friends of ours backed out at the last minute and we added someone else.

It was no problem at all.

peemagg
10-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I can't see any problem at all. Even with ME it shouldn't be a problem. If it was too late for the other family to get their luggage tags in time, they would probably just change the names in the computer and link the old names to the new ones so that the luggage didn't get misplaced. As far as the reservation for the hotel goes, as long as the amount of people in the rooms doesn't go over the capacity level, there should be no problem.

Two phone calls and it should all be set.

PrincessASquared
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the info:thumbsup: