PDA

View Full Version : Pin Codes

boobalk
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Good afternooon fellow Intercoters! I have seen several post about a "pin code" some have received to get a discount on rooms. What is it and how do I get one? :)

cer
10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
It is kind of random. A pin code is a code number that you get in order to take advantage of an offer. I have gotten them via email from Disney and some have come in the mail. Those that come to your directly are in my understanding exclusive to the party who received it, so those are not transferrable in my understanding.

I have some more info that I will email you.

boobalk
10-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Why did they e-mail or mail them to you? Do you have to be Disney Visa card holder or anything like that? Or can you sign up to recieve them?

Strmchsr
10-22-2008, 06:28 PM
All you have to go is register on the WDW website. But it's really random. I've been registered 7 years and only received my first offer in September.

Eeyore's My Favorite
10-22-2008, 06:44 PM
All you have to go is register on the WDW website. But it's really random. I've been registered 7 years and only received my first offer in September.

It's definitely random - I've been going to WDW & staying on property for over 20 years and have never gotten a pin code attached to my name or received anything by email. I've been signed up on the website forever & have stayed onsite several times a year. Just don't understand how people who have never stayed onsite @ WDW have ended up getting pin codes.......:mickey:

javamama
10-22-2008, 11:49 PM
It's crazy, we stay once a year spend thousands on our vacation since usually 8-10 of us go at a time, we charge it on our Disney Visa, and don't get a PIN Code. Granted we get offers via email from the Disney Visa for Resort stays, but nothing spectacular. My g/f got an awsome deal a deluxe 50% off her stay, this so she's staying at the GF next week. How she got this one I have no idea, but good for them...though I want one:cool:

DizneyRox
10-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I don't think they are random at all. They have to be based on some marketing strategy to get people to come. For those that go all the time and don't get a pin code, well, there's your answer. You're going all the time and not needing any extra incentive.

The pin codes are limited and non-transferrable. They are probably being used to fill the last little bit of the resorts that need a little bit of help. If they needed a lot of people, they would release a public discount code.

Everything about them points to a highly targeted sales push.

Tbelle1976
10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
It would be nice to send the pincodes also to those who visit regularly as some type of reward or thank you. I do, however, understand the point of them being so random especially with the great deals they offer.

mrmcgiv
10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
We went last May (2007) for the first time ever. I had never been signed up on a website and never had a dsiney visa and still do not. We received the offer in jan I believe for stays at 7 different time spans in 2008. It worked b.c the minute I got it I contemplated going again in Dec. The deadline to book was 3/31/2008 so we did book.

Some neighbors got one a few months ago for Dec as well (not as good of a deal), and another friend just got one 2 weeks ago, ironically their offer was for Dec and they were already going during that timeframe.

I think that there is some kind of marketing strategy going on as well.

Good luck in getting a pin code!

mudpuppysmom
10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
I was pretty shocked myself when I got a postcard in the mail with a PIN code at the beginning of the year and had to be booked by 3/31. I was pregnant at the time and having a difficult time of it, so I pretty much wrote off a trip to the world this year (plus having an infant along was not the brightest idea).

Well my sister was here one day and saw it before I threw it away and said "Hey, let's go! Yeah, there is a great idea....So needless to say....I'm off in about 45 days with four kids (five if you count my sister) under 12 one of which is a seasoned Disney traveler and one of which will be 6 months old!

We are going to have a blast!!! Well, until the guys arrive on the Dec 11th! Then, we'll have more fun!!

divinedi
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Just got one today for 40% off for a bunch of dates in 2009, now I just have to decide if I want to go again!!

Anyone know when Pop Warner are going to be there in 2009?

Thanks.

Polynesian Dweller
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Just got one today for 40% off for a bunch of dates in 2009, now I just have to decide if I want to go again!!

Yep, me too. Got it this afternoon and it says I have until March 31, 2009 to call in and book a vacation for lots of dates in 2009.

Looks to have been random since this is the first I've ever gotten in 19 years.

mrmcgiv
10-27-2008, 11:44 PM
I got the same one in Jan 2008 for a bunch of dates in 2008. we are going in Dec 7-15 with tha special and it saved us a good bit!!

Yep, me too. Got it this afternoon and it says I have until March 31, 2009 to call in and book a vacation for lots of dates in 2009.

Looks to have been random since this is the first I've ever gotten in 19 years.

mdhiggin
10-28-2008, 07:04 AM
I just used one that was publicly posted on disneyworld.com. It was DMK. It's only good for certain weeks through about the 20th of Dec. 2008. I already had two res. for this time. My Nov. at Pop I was able to reduce from the AP rate of $74. to $59. My Dec. rate at Contemp. with AP was still better than the public rate so I left that one. I saved a hundred dollars with that one phone call for my Pop res., though. If I'm planning a trip, I usually check the historically posted discounts here at Info Central to know when and where to start looking. I may not get an email from my Visa, but they list the discounts on their website some. My Mickey Monitor may not come, but I can check my AP website for discounts too. And the general public can check disneyworld.com.

blondeinbrandon
10-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I got one!! First time in 20 years!! And we go usually every other month.
I have a question though, mine says 40% off a value. Does this mean value only or can I upgrade to a mod and still get the discount? Is it 40% off rack rate or off Florida/AP rate?
Also can I book more than one trip with the pin code?
Thanks!

DizneyRox
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
You'll need to call. They usually list the best "deal" on the cards, but there are also probably discounts on other categories, etc. Maybe not the same percentage, but usually something.

Percentages off are almost 100% off rack rates, not other discounted rates. I can't recall ever being able to stack discounts, but I'm sure there was sometime they did. But lately, it's one discount, and usually off rack rates.

divinedi
10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Debbie K. at MJ just applied my pin code to my trip the end of January, we are staying at POFQ, and she saved me over $300 for my stay!! So yes, you can use it all the resorts, subject to availability of course, not sure about the using it more than once thing, hoping Debbie knows, I'd like to go again in Dec. 09!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO:thumbsup:

Thanks Debbie!!!!!