PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Mom!

wdwcarrie
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Hello all...

In just NINE DAYS I will be arriving at the World for a long weekend (10/30-11/3) with my mom. I am 32 and my mom is 53, and it has been twenty years since her last trip to WDW. This is something we planned on the (sort of) spur of the moment once the fall discounts came out in August.

What I need are suggestions of the wonderful, little things that I can share with her that make WDW so cool. For example, we get in Thursday afternoon and we're going to go to Epcot that night and stay for IllumiNations. I can't wait to show her, as we're walking out, how the sidewalks twinkle.

What else should I point out, or take her to, or do, that reinforces the magic of Disney?!? I have been so many times now that I'm trying to imagine what would make the coolest impression on someone after so many years.

Thanks! :mickey:

KylesMom
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Make sure that you catch Tinkerbell flying before Wishes begins in the MK . . .

Eeyore's Pal
10-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Have you done the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian? This is something that my Mother loves and is a must for us every time.

Beast_fanatic
10-22-2008, 09:23 PM
You'll probably find a some of what you're looking for in these Hidden Treasures and Magical Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp).

Tink#64
10-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Make sure that you catch Tinkerbell flying before Wishes begins in the MK . . .

My Mom loves that! She just mentioned it to other family members this past weekend! We took DM with us for her first trip when she was 62! She's been with us twice now & she absolutely loves everything at WDW! :cloud9:

DM really enjoys shopping at DTD, everything in EPCOT - her fav there is Soarin! We rode it 3 x in a row! She particularly likes IASW, Festival of the Lion King, SplM, GMR, the Monorail & riding the boat over to the Boardwalk Resort & having dinner & shopping there! She loves all of the night time events, with IllumiNations being her fav! She also loved all of the topiaries in Epcot! She really just fell in love with all of WDW!

It's so amazing, we never visited WDW when we were kids, we took many trips & camped all the time, but never WDW & we didn't know what we were missing! Now we all go when we get the opportunity! When we start talking vacation in our house, DS's now assume we're planning WDW! DM is planning to visit again as soon as it works out for all of us! She tells everyone tht they should try to take their families to WDW, that it's just such an awesome place! I think that's so cool! I think there's so much at WDW for people of all ages to enjoy! :cool: