PDA

View Full Version : Last week in April or 1st in May

WDWFanatic
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi All,

We are trying to pin down a spring vacation time.

Right now I'm trying to pick between the last week in April or first week in May. Do any schools have vacation during this time?

I know around Easter will be busy, and our school vacation week is April 20-24, so I'm assuming that would be pretty busy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

faline
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Easter is on April 12th next year so things should be quieting down quite nicely by the end of the month.

Personally, I'd probably pick the first week of May. I've beend during this time frame before and found great weather and low crowds.

thumperbug
10-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Some schools in the Northeast have their easter break the week before easter and some the week after. I'm sure by the end of April you will be 'safe'. I've been to WDW twice at end of APril and beginning of May. It was wonderful.

cardinalsfan_98
10-22-2008, 01:07 PM
The first week of May (week before Mother's Day) is highly recommended. We've done that for the past 3 years. Epoct's Flower Fest is in full swing, and the weather is wonderful. Crowds are very managable, with little to no wait on most e-ticket attractions. We went in the 3rd week of April one year, and the crowds where much larger than anytime in May. Good luck either way!

WDWFanatic
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks. I may contact my kids teachers because if we go the first week in May they would be coming back right to their MCAS (standardized) tests, and I don't know how much prep work they do the week before.

If we go the last week in April I might be able to tack a few extra days on by going a couple days of April vacation.

I would assume the weather is about the same either week.