PDA

View Full Version : The "Wonder" of it all

Walt Lucas
10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
OK, my first cruise EVER is coming up quickly! I'll be doing the land/sea package and will be doing the three day cruise. I've been reading about all the things to see and do on the cruise but, what's the "do not miss" things? We will be having dinner @ Palo and getting a couples massage, but what would i regret missing? any help would be wonder-ful :)

LW_DFREAK
10-22-2008, 12:42 PM
The sail away celebration, pirate deck party, and the shows!

Walt Lucas
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
they have a pirate party on the three day cruises? and do they allow you to wear pirate attaire?

cardinalsfan_98
10-22-2008, 01:19 PM
They do have the Pirates IN the Caribbean Party one night. I think it's the night after Nassau...anyway, at dinner that night, everyone gets a pirate bandanna. Our server made each one a different hat at our table. Don't miss the fireworks just after the party really gets going. Words can't describe that!

Also, request a single table to the head waiter on your first night's dining, if you so desire.

DD stayed in the Oceaneer's Lab 90% of the time. If you have kids of any age, be sure to check out the children's program!

Walt Lucas
10-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

dmosher
10-22-2008, 03:02 PM
It's been a few years since I sailed with Disney, but if you can still get the shower/spa package that allows you to use the bathrooms, saunas and showers in the spa (was like $30 per day or something like that), I highly recommend it, especially if you are sharing a bathroom with other people in your room. Get up get dressed (lightly) and head to the spa for a steam room/saunas then a wonderful shower under the waterfall heads... amazing. Check it out and see if this is still an option, totally worth the little extra $.
:pipes:
D

Walt Lucas
10-23-2008, 12:34 AM
sounds great, thank you

adoptionislove
10-25-2008, 10:06 AM
We went on the same package that you are going on! It was AMAZING!!! Don't miss all the deck parties also, I went to an art action that was really fun and don't miss "Ladies Night" at the spa. It was about 125.00 (i think) and it was really nice. Let the kids go to the Oceaneer's Club and you get to relax! The Pirate's Party is great and wear your Pirate gear! I would suggest going to the second level for the Sail Away Party. The crowd is HUGE and not too many people think to go upstairs. We also did the Dolphin Excursion on in the Bahamas that was so fun! You will have a blast! Where are you staying for the Land portion of your trip? We stayed at the Poly and WOW WOW WOW it was AWESOME! I am spoiled to Deluxe resorts now. I am afraid I can never go back to Value resorts. HAVE FUN and tell us all about it when you get back!!!!

Michelle:mickey:

Walt Lucas
10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
for our land portion, we will be staying at AKL, first time staying there. I have stayed at all star movies and relally enjoyed that. From what i hear, the value resorts are nothing compaired to AKL. We are doing the dining package too. I know the restaurant thread is a different one, but what's your opinion on our choices? Night 1 Boma, Night 2 Cape May, Night 3 Akershus, and night 4 Lecellier.

Walt Lucas
11-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I would like to thank all who helped me withmy trip. I have to say the Disney Wonder was an amazing ship. We came back Sunday after a 3 day adventure and we've already started planning our next cruise. (3 day wasn't enough) The crew was unbelieveable. They went BEYOND what i expected for service. When i have more time, i will give a full report as to how the trip was but once again, thanks for everyones input

johnO
11-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I would like to thank all who helped me withmy trip. I have to say the Disney Wonder was an amazing ship. We came back Sunday after a 3 day adventure and we've already started planning our next cruise. (3 day wasn't enough) The crew was unbelieveable. They went BEYOND what i expected for service. When i have more time, i will give a full report as to how the trip was but once again, thanks for everyones input

Walt I agree!!! We went on Oct. 30th. after a couple of days in WDW and It was amazing!!! It was not the 'relaxing' alternative to WDW I was looking for though. There was just soo much to do and see on the ship that I wasn't getting a whole lot of time to 'kick back' and take it all in. We too feel that three days just simply isn't long enough. We really thought that a couple of days at see would have been great. We're planning a 7 day cruise for next year!

Walt Lucas
11-11-2008, 10:36 PM
same here, we are talking about the 7 day cruise. Between the wine tasting, the high quality Disney stage shows, and the things to see and do in the ports, it was far from boring.
Oh, and one more thing, the Fireworks at sea were amazing! Just alittle more Disney magic added to a magical trip