PDA

View Full Version : Yet another photopass question

Stace74
10-22-2008, 10:26 AM
My friends are in Disney now, (on Magical Express as I type this). My family will arrive 11/08:cloud9:. I have prepurchased the photopass CD and want to combine their photopass with mine after I return. My question is, is it better to use separate photopass cards or should I take theirs with me and add our pictures to it. Thanks in advance for your input.

BigRedDad
10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I am not sure if you will be able to due to timing. I think the PhotoPass numbers are only good for something like 30 days after they are given. You are going to be right on the edge of that time I think. You may need to watch it closely.

brian2000boston
10-22-2008, 10:39 AM
We combined with others without issue. However, you want to watch he date. You have thirty days from the date of your friends return since they leave before you.

I cant see why you can't pull this off. Just be careful and aware.

Stace74
10-22-2008, 10:50 AM
:thanks: I checked my calender and there are 26 days between today and the day we return. I will have to claim them shortly after I return. Using two cards won't be a problem then? Thanks again!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
You won't have a problem using two different cards.

I think we ended up with 3 cards on our last trip, and we put them all on the same CD without issue.

Stace74
10-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks everyone. This is why I love these boards. Quick answers to random questions. 17 days and counting! :joy:

thiscouldbeahabit
10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
So, let me see if I get this correct. We're going with a group of like 50 people. Obviously, we won't all be together much. But if we purchased a cd for $100 prior to going, and each put in $2, we could then pull all of our individual photopass cards together on one cd?

Also, could someone explain the 30-day rule with photopass? Does that just mean you have 30 days to play with your photos and edit them however you'd like before they have to be placed on the cd? Once you have the cd, you have the pictures forever, correct?

Thanks for your help! I'm a first-timer and this website has been more than awesome!!!

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2008, 10:33 AM
So, let me see if I get this correct. We're going with a group of like 50 people. Obviously, we won't all be together much. But if we purchased a cd for $100 prior to going, and each put in $2, we could then pull all of our individual photopass cards together on one cd?

Also, could someone explain the 30-day rule with photopass? Does that just mean you have 30 days to play with your photos and edit them however you'd like before they have to be placed on the cd? Once you have the cd, you have the pictures forever, correct?

Thanks for your help! I'm a first-timer and this website has been more than awesome!!!

You can definitely split the cost of the CD with others. I think there may be a limit to the number of photo pass numbers that you can combine although I don't know what that limit is. Yes, the 30 day is how long you have to manipulate the photos and place the order for the CD (even if you pre-pay for it, you still have to order it - you just place your pre-pay code in for payment). And, yes, once you get the CD, the pictures are yours forever. You also get a release so that you can do whatever you want with the photos.

thumperbug
10-24-2008, 01:27 PM
I believe the 30 day starts when you enter the code off the photo pass card on to the website.

I had a photopass card from a Feb 08 trip that I didn't enter onto the website until April 08 (with the others from my April trip) and the pics were still there and my 30 days countdown started then (in APril)

thiscouldbeahabit
10-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks! This seems to be a great deal! I appreciate everyone's input.:mickey: