PDA

View Full Version : Give up Le Cellier ADR to try something new?

auntbaloo
10-21-2008, 04:09 PM
One restaurant we never miss on any of our WDW trips is Le Cellier and our trip planned for February is no exception as I already have an ADR made for dinner. However, my DH's :drill:biggest complaint is that we never try anything new and I'm sure I'll encounter this when we go in February. So, my question is, would I be a complete idiot to cancel my ADR for Le Cellier and change it to something else?? We already have lunch reservations at Tutto Italia. I have thought about trying Biergarden :beer:, Garden Grill or Coral Reef (but alergic to seafood :ambal:). If I do change it, is anything else worthy of giving it up for??? HELP!!! :twocents:

PittFan
10-21-2008, 04:12 PM
IMO ..... NO, NO, NO !!!!! Le Cellier is our favorite and the 1 must do on every trip. We do try new places, but not at the expense of giving up our favorite. It is the 1 place we look forward to every visit. :mickey:

KylesMom
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
As much as we try to incorporate new restaurants into our ADR mix, there are a few that are absolute "must do's" on each trip and we would feel like we were missing them. Some are very popular here on the boards (LeCellier), while some get very mixed reviews (Mama Melrose).

Of those restaurants, both LeCellier and Garden Grill are two "must do's" on our list. However, since Garden Grill will be changing to a dinner only format, we'd need to make a choice between the two. According to DH, DS and myself, there really is no choice - we'll be missing Garden Grill.

If you're allergic to seafood, I think you may be missing the point of Coral Reef . . . I certainly wouldn't cancel LeCellier Steakhouse for a seafood restaurant you'd likely order steak or similar from . . .

I'd strongly take a look at the menus & ensure that if you're going to make a change, it's for something you will like equally to what is on LeCellier's menu - and not to make a change just for change's sake . . .

Good luck!

thumperbug
10-21-2008, 04:30 PM
DO NOT NOT NOT NOT give up Le Cellier.....drop something else to try something new. We tried Biergarten on our last trip and enjoyed it.

If you are going in Feb and plan to give up Le Cellier...let me know...we are going in Feb...I'll take your ADR ;)

auntbaloo
10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
This was also my feeling :high5:and I am compromising by TRYING Tutto Italia for the first time. I just think he gets feeling a little more adventurous while at Epcot :elephant: so I always get "why don't we ever try <<insert any place we have never eaten>> instead of Le Cellier". Of course, I always get this complaint BEFORE we eat there and not after. We both love the place but will only be spending one day in Epcot this year.

PittFan
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
This was also my feeling :high5:and I am compromising by TRYING Tutto Italia for the first time.

You will NOT be disappointed with Tutto Italia. It is our new #2 must do. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I seem like I'm going to be in the minority here. We have really enjoyed Le Cellier, but skipped it on our last trip, and aren't planning to go back this trip either.

Don't get me wrong, we had great meals, very yummy, but at the end of the day, it is just a steak place. We've tried Biertergarten and Garden Grill and Coral Reef, and enjoyed them all too. DD is insisting that we go back to Garden Grill, and DH is insisting that we go back to Biertergarten, so that's my plan for our next trip.

I'm all for trying something new...

buzznwoodysmom
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
I am going to be the odd man out, but we tried Le Cellier twice (once for lunch and once for dinner) and we didn't think either meal was very special. I much prefered my steak (filet at all places) at Coral Reef and at the Maya Grill at CSR. Out of all our meals at Epcot our two favorites are Tepanyaki and Coral Reef. I'd try something new and you can always eat at Le Cellier on your next trip.

DDuck66
10-22-2008, 10:02 AM
We try to do something new every trip. While we do love LeCellier, it might be worth it to give something new a try. We recently tried the Rose and Crown and now it is one of our faves. In fact we are going there for the CP Dinner in November.

mudpuppysmom
10-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm part of the minority too.....We ate at LeCellier two years ago for the first time and don't get me wrong....it was a decent lunch, but I was not "wowed" like many are. I did like the pretzel bread sticks though!!:blush:

We tried Biergarten that same trip and we have been going back every trip since then. We all find something to eat, we all enjoy the show and we all leave happy. AND, they have pretzel bread sticks too!!

If you always get the same thing to me that is being stuck in a rut and there are SO many other places to explore at WDW -- I say take the plunge and try something new!! I will recommend Biergarten though.

Like someone else said -- if you are allergic to seafood you might miss the point at Coral Reef, but they do have non seafood items too, so if only you are allergic and willing to still go, maybe give that a whirl.

If it were me, I would try something new if my family asked to try something new -- which we do -- the trip coming up in December my husband asked about eating at Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining and I got an ADR at Tokyo Dining combined with the Candlelight Processional, so be both win.....he gets to eat there and I get a SEAT at the CP!!

bkfree
10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
We also have eaten at La Cell on our last two trips and we and the kids loved it and I considered it a must do.
When I began making the plans for our upcoming trip in Dec. I asked the family what places did they want to do over.
To my surprise my DH and kids all wanted to skip La Cell this trip. WHAT???
They instead wanted to make Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace the two redos and the rest new places, so I complied.
It was weird not to have La Cell on my ADR list.
But we are trying out Boma, Kona, Tutto, 50's Prime. Chefs De France and Askerhaus for the first time.
I am really excited and I know I will probably not miss La Cell as much as I thought.

auntbaloo
10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I am going to be the odd man out, but we tried Le Cellier twice (once for lunch and once for dinner) and we didn't think either meal was very special. I much prefered my steak (filet at all places) at Coral Reef and at the Maya Grill at CSR. Out of all our meals at Epcot our two favorites are Tepanyaki and Coral Reef. I'd try something new and you can always eat at Le Cellier on your next trip.

We actually will be staying at CSR so maybe the Maya Grill might be a good alternative - then we are trying something new and having good steak :eat:. Anyone else find that Maya Grill has good or better than Le Cellier steak? Also, is there a CS in Canada that sells the beer cheese soup? Love that stuff!

garymacd
10-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I would give up the ADR and definitely try something new. We have eaten at le Cellier a number of times and enjoyed it, but you only live once. Try new things before it's too late. You can always say, "I did that!", about the new places and tastes and experiences. but you can't if you never try.

Having said that, why do I keep going back to WDW?

Probably because it is the world in microcosm and I can experience much of the real world in one place.

Neat.

TheMartellFamily
10-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Because this is our 2nd favorite meal on site I would have to say no. To us it is a not to be missed meal. It is a close second to O'hanas being the first.

Funcruiser56
10-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Le Cellier used to always be a must do, then 2 trips ago we went for lunch and had just ok food and really poor service. We deceided we were tired of being crammed into small tables almost sharing with the table next to us. So we cancelled our dinner reservation for later in the week (truth is my family refused to go back)
and got Coral Reef.
Now my family does NOT eat seafood at all but we had a really good meal here, along with great service. My DS and DH love to fish so watching the action in the tank was the icing on the cake.
We went last trip for our anniversary lunch and had another great meal, they even made us special menus and gave us champange for our anniversary.
Check the menues for other resturants and branch out! there are too many real good resturants at WDW to keep going to the same one all the time, who knows you may find a new favorite!

Bev

RedSoxFan
10-31-2008, 09:37 PM
We ate at LeCellier for the first time last week. We had a great meal --I had steak. However, we also ate at Ragland Road. I had steak there too and I thought it was so much better than LeCellier. Just my opinion. LeCellier was good; but I won't be running back to it.

hardingella
11-01-2008, 07:06 AM
We have done WDW several times now and the things that stand out in our memories are the things we did for the first time. You get such a buzz when you have new experiences that turn out to be amazing. Try somewhere new.Can i suggest Rose & Crown. The food is not fancy but its delicious. The atmosphere in the pub is sooo much fun. If you time it right you could try for a table outside and watch the fireworks.
:mickey: