PDA

View Full Version : Wireless EVDO at hotels?

belleandcinderellasmom
10-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I have Alltel/Verizon EVDO wireless internet. It comes over the cell towers. Will I be able to use this while in WDW? I also have a wireless mini card in my computer but would prefer to use my EVDO since I have unlimited nationwide plan vs. the daily rate of WDW. Anyone used this technology before down there?

WonderlandsMostWanted
10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
I have Sprint, so we run on othe same type of network. When I went in December, I did get EVDO signal and service at WDW. However, staying at Pop Century, the signal level inside the room was often spotty at best. We were on the lower level, and you figure when you have a steel and concrete structure that big, you're going to have some interference. I had no signal issues directly outside the door, or in the parks, or at one of the tables outside the main building.

All of that said, you should be able to get some service at WDW on your trip, but if you desparately need your internet access while on property, it's probably wise to bring the card as a backup, as it may be able to pull a better signal in your room than your phone, if the EVDO isn't coming through where you are.

belleandcinderellasmom
10-20-2008, 08:55 PM
thanks. I'll probably just be using it to upload my pictures at night. I just wanted to be sure I could use what i'm already paying for instead of having to pay extra just to get online.