PDA

View Full Version : Review of Mandara Spa at Dolphin

anneb
10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I tried the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin on my trip earlier this month, and really enjoyed it. I had "the Ultimate Pedicure" one day, which was very nice, and left my feet very happy after several days at the parks. This one came with all the bells and whistles - a foaming, jacuzzi-like foot bath, a salt (or maybe sugar?) scrub exfolliant, and even a cool seaweed mask topped with warm towels wrapped around my feet. Quite a treat for sore feet at WDW!

I had a facial and a massage another day. (I particularly liked the ability to add a shorter "add-on" massage (neck, back and shoulders) before my facial, at less cost than two full treatments.) Both were very enjoyable. While I found the facial more relaxing, I could definitely feel the benefits of the massage for several days afterward. The facilities are attractive, and the warm massage tables are a nice touch. I prefered the "relaxation" area with the temple to the "tea room" area because it was prettier and had much more comfortable seating.

In all, the Mandara Spa is one of the better spas I've tried, and making time for a visit here will be a "must" on future trips.

The 20% Intercot discount was a big help, but you may need to be persistent. The person at the desk insisted at first that the discount was smaller and was only on services over $100 (an offer made to guests dining at the Dolphin's restaurants), but ultimately checked with the manager, who confirmed the 20% discount.

pdrlkr
10-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the Review! :mickey2: