PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Questions

DIppy Dawg
10-20-2008, 12:51 PM
We are considering a 4 night cruise to celebrate or 15 year anniversary and we have some questions.

Can we bring wine onboard?

Has anyone received the couples wellbeing massage for two?

What about the Castaway Cay Cabana massage for two? Which one is better??

Who and how do you tip?

Is dinner at Palo included or is that extra?

Thanks, I am sure I will have more later.

Auroring Good Time
10-20-2008, 01:12 PM
I have brought a couple bottles of wine on board. Don't forget the corkscrew. Champagne is easier.
I have done massages which were great but not the couples.
Palo's is extra. I don't remember how much but, so very worth it. Starve yourself that day, you will be waddling out of there.

btharvey
10-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Tipping onboard cruises is pretty much a science, and they'll make it easy for you. You can either let them take the standard amounts out of your onboard credit card, or you can request envelopes for the individuals. Anything that you pay extra for is -- unless it's specifically stated otherwise -- worthy of a tip (special meals or assistance, shore trips, etc.). Anything that's "included int he cost of your trip" gets covered in the standard tips at the end. Of course, any extra special effort should always be rewarded, in my opinion.

Oh, and the 'standard' trip tip occurs at the end of your voyage, the night before disembarking back at your starting port (or your destination, depending on the trip).

DIppy Dawg
10-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Is there a fee to bring onboard the wine?

How much in tips should I expect?

I am not cheap I am just trying to be prepared.

DisneyWhirled
10-20-2008, 04:43 PM
To dine at Palo, there is a $15 surcharge per person.

The tips are figured per person, per night, per server.

For a four day, as a guide the suggested amounts you would expect are:

Dining room server $4 per person, per day
Assistant server $3 per person, per day
Head Server $1 per person, per day
Stateroom host/hostess $4 per person, per day

Of course, this is just a guide, you can always recognize great service, with more $$ :)

Then, as mentioned below, any alcohol, spa services, etc, would be an additional tip.

Hope this helps!!

TammiMcMan
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Is there a fee to bring onboard the wine?No fee to bring it onboard, however they will charge you a corking fee if you bring your own to the restaurant. Not sure off the top of my head what that fee is, but I can look it up if you're interested.

Donald_Quackers
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
The last I read the corking fee was about $15.