PDA

View Full Version : Ragalan Road

Insanity Clause
10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
My husband and I are wanting to try this restaurant but we will have three young children with us, ages 7,9,10. My question is since they have an irish singer is it bawdy or is it family friendly. I ask because this is Downtown Disney and not one of the main resorts. I have been to an irish place before and I love them but I wouldn't take my kids in there. What is your opinion of Ragalan Road??

SBETigg
10-20-2008, 01:49 PM
The band is loud. They were not bawdy. The food was good and our children (teens) enjoyed the show. There's a step dancer who comes out periodically as well as the live music. Traditional Irish dance, not bawdy. There are bars and there is drinking, but it wasn't much different than any neighborhood bar and grill as far as the drinking went when we were there.

dmosher
10-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I agree, it is noisy. If that's a problem you can sit around the corner away from the bar and band. It is a very family friendly atmosphere (as much as a bar can be), and the food is OK. I wouldn't say it was great, or amazing, but OK. Not a high priority on our return list, as we prefer Actual Irish/Scottish pubs, but it's not bad.
:pipes:
D

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-20-2008, 07:11 PM
:beer:DH and I are trying it for the first time on 11/29, can't wait!!!! I hear the food is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:number1:

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP:thumbsup:

Disney Lynn
10-21-2008, 08:47 AM
We were there three weeks ago. As others have said, the band is loud but this is definitely an OK place for young kids (not risque at all). The down side is that the band doesn't start until 9 PM, so this will be a late night for your family. We timed our meal so that we could order and eat most of our meal before 9 PM (so we could hear each other). Then we enjoyed the band over dessert and coffee.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
We're eating there around 7pm and were told the band doesn't start until 9pm...maybe you could eat before then

WDWFanatic
10-23-2008, 09:08 AM
We went with younger kids, and like the others said it will be fine, but won't start until 9pm.

The little girls in our group (along with the dad's:secret:) loved Danielle, the irish step dancer. They all took pictures with her.