PDA

View Full Version : Female Superhero Costumes

TinkiTime1989
10-19-2008, 11:47 PM
My best friend and I have been invited to a party on Halloween but it is superhero themed. We keep finding the obvious female superhero costumes: Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Bat Girl, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for other female superheroes we could be? We're trying to avoid costumes being too terribly skimpy as well.
Also, if it matters, we are both 19 yr. old college sophomores who are on a somewhat limited budget. :)

Thanks!

Alligirl
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Well without spending too much maybe you could go as Buffy the vampire slayer? She just wore regular clothes?! What about Lara Croft tomb raider, a tank top and cargo pants? Maybe the girl from "Mystery men"? Just regular clothes but you would need a bowling ball or at least the bag! Good luck and have fun at the party!!

Twinsowner
10-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Check the movie x-men. There are lots of possibilitis there.

gerald72
10-20-2008, 09:05 AM
the Incredibles

Tick-Tock
10-20-2008, 10:55 AM
I love the Buffy idea!

Also,
Kim Possible
The Bionic Woman

Thrift stores are your friend!

PirateLover
10-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Could you be super villians? There are some cool batman ones like Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.

garymacd
10-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Could you be super villians? There are some cool batman ones like Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.

I was always partial to Julie Newmar's CatWoman, not so much Eartha Kitt. Although....Michelle Pfeiffer was pretty good, too!

This could start a whole new thread.

She wasn't actually a hero, but in the comic books, she kinda bounced from one side of the hero/villain line to the other.

SAHDad
10-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Quick thought - you could always dress as "Diana Prince," "Carol Danvers," etc - basically, go as the superheroine in her "secret identity".

alphamommy
10-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Could you make up your own superhero?

For example, if you're an English major, could you be "Grammar Girl"? Maybe a literature major could be "The Book Worm". In either case, you could just wear normal college student clothes, but Grammar Girl could carry a pencil, eraser, and notebook, or the Bookworm could carry lots of books.

Just a thought.

garymacd
10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Could you make up your own superhero?

For example, if you're an English major, could you be "Grammar Girl"? Maybe a literature major could be "The Book Worm". In either case, you could just wear normal college student clothes, but Grammar Girl could carry a pencil, eraser, and notebook, or the Bookworm could carry lots of books.

Just a thought.

Bookworm was a Batman villain. Sorry