PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Hilton Head

luvDaMouse
10-19-2008, 06:51 PM
My DH will be going to stay in the DVC at Hilton Head in October 09. I have never been to HH before. We will be driving down from PA. Is the resort nice? How about the beach house what is that like? Do you have to drive to the beach or do they have a shuttle? What is there around the Island ? Is Charleston far away? We are hoping to have a relaxing vacation but we would like somethings to do. We are not big "nightlife" people and my husband does play golf. ( I usually ride along and drive the cart)Any info would be helpfull!:mickey: Thanks

medic9016
10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
We live about 30 min for HHI. We have not been to the DVC. Oct is a good time to go. Tourist season is over. So traffic is manageable, if you want to drive anywhere. Still warm enough in the day to go to the beach, could get a little cool at night. There is a ton of golf, just take your pick. Plenty of shopping and places to eat. There is a small shopping mall within walking distance of the resort. Charleston is about an 1 1/2 drive, Savannah Ga is about 40 min drive.

Priority Four
10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
HHI is a great place to relax. There is a shuttle to the beach, but we always drive. There are several nature walks and talks that are really well done. We have enjoyed the kayak tours and harbortown is pretty cool. We went on a dolphin tour once as well. We never get bored there.

mjstaceyuofm
10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I stayed there with my wife, 2 boys and parents back in 2002. We had a very good time. There are a ton of good restaurants around and the beach that Disney owns is very nice. It's more of a relaxing vacation than a get up and go vacation.

A couple of things that stood out from our vacation: 1) we went there in May and I was pleasantly surprised by how warm the ocean was (although it could have been my thick winter blood), and 2) we took the dolphin tour and had a very good time. Saw dolphins, jellyfish and the like...

One not so pleasant memory was the fact that I got stung by a sting-ray. OUCH! Those suckers hurt. I had to go to the ER, get a tetanus shot, and take anti-biotics... not to mention my foot was swollen for 2 weeks. Just remember to shuffle your feet when you walk in the ocean and not step...

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
We may go here in June- i wonder if its too buggy then?