PDA

View Full Version : WILL VALUE RMS FIT 2 ECVs ?

PETE FROM NYC
10-19-2008, 06:22 PM
DW and I are both ECV users .Going down 9/09.We want to stay in a value resort,and we were wondering if we can fit in there with two scooters and still have room to navigate the room.
We are not concerned if we have 2 queen-size or one king.
Will this work,or will we have to look elsewhere?

cal5755
10-19-2008, 06:55 PM
I would say you need to look else-where. But I am not sure how much bigger moderates are.... One ECV was a tight fit when my dad had his.

We love the values but they are small... we only go to sleep in the rooms so they fit for us...:mickey:

KylesMom
10-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Remember that Value resorts come standard with two double beds - not Queen. You may be able to get a King on request . . . especially if you are requesting handicap access. DH (who is 6' 5 1/2") and I (5' 8") can't sleep in the same bed in the value resorts . . .

It's been awhile since we stayed in a value resort, but I remember that it was a pretty tight fit with two adults, one toddler and a fairly large stroller. Parking two ECVs in a first floor value room wouldn't give you much space to maneuver.

One moderate we thought had much more room than the All Stars was CBR - you may want to check into this resort. Even though the rooms still come standard with two double beds, there seemed to be much more floor space. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I've never stayed at a Value, but have some advice from our last stay in a moderate.

Getting a room with a king bed might make all of the difference. We were in a moderate this past year, and found that there was little room to park Mom's ECV in the room with the two double beds. In the king room however, there was more than enough room for the ECV, and we would have been able to park two easily.

GrumpyFan
10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Try to get a handicapped or King room.
It might be a little tight, but it might work.
You may need to park one outside the room, but it should be safe if you just remove the key.

BigRedDad
10-19-2008, 07:52 PM
One ECV will take up too much room. Two ECVs will be far too cramped in almost any room at WDW. There is limited free space in a room as it. Eating up that space with that much of gear will be difficult.

Lynn J Mc
10-20-2008, 08:59 AM
No way can you fit 2 in a value room. I agree with parking outside but can you charge them up that way? At the GF recently we noticed people parking their empty strollers right outside their doors and they seemed perfectly safe.

GrumpyFan
10-20-2008, 10:08 AM
No way can you fit 2 in a value room. I agree with parking outside but can you charge them up that way?

For charging, it depends. I've seen some rooms that have a plug right outside the door, and people were using them for this purpose. However, you will need to ask for one specifically, because very few have this.

LandFan
10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
We fit one in without a problem. A king size bed will definitely help. I think you can fit two in but it will be a bit squishy :D You might just have to move the table and chairs around a bit to do it.

In other words, it is most likely doable if you are willing to make it work.