PDA

View Full Version : Seating @ Hoop De Doo

bouncer
10-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Since we have never been to the HDD dinner show I am not sure what category level to book. I am thinking DS6 :cowboy: would like to be on the "front lines" (cat 1) but is the balcony (cat 3) better to see the stage?

Does the ADR freeze pertain to this show as well? Luckily when the ADR system comes back online the concierge desk will put in the rest of my ADRs for me so I don't have to stress about using the NEW system!:drama:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-18-2008, 06:33 PM
We love HDD! I would most definately choose category 1 seating if you can get it.

We've seen the show 3 times, twice at the very front of the stage, and one more towards the back, and although it is good anywhere, we LOVED being right up front. The actors really interacted with DD, she felt a huge part of it.

badkitty
10-18-2008, 07:35 PM
We booked the balcony when we went in January but the show wasn't sold out so we were moved to the back of the room on the floor. If I had to do it over, I would have paid the extra $$ for Cat 1. Although we could see the stage fine, it looked like it would have been more fun up close.

BigRedDad
10-18-2008, 08:35 PM
The last time my wife and I ate there was our Honeymoon. There were no categories then. We were put center stage. I could touch the stage from my seat. They new it was our Honeymoon and we were often brought into the show. It is a blast. I would definitely go Cat 1.

DizneyRox
10-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Contrary to the implied meaning of the tiered seating, there really isn't a bad seat in the house. There are a couple seats that tend to get picked on more than others, but I've been front and center, back of the room, balcony, etc. Never was our view bad or did we feel like we weren't part of the show.

If I had to choose my seat, yes, it would probably pick to be on the first floor near the middle of the theater, but I wouldn't pay extra to be there.

Jarrod
10-18-2008, 09:56 PM
We have seen the HDD many times over the years and have had tables in all different locations. Recently, with our young boys (6 & 9), we have actually preferred the balcony seating because we were able to seat them next to the rail and there was nothing to block their view. You certainly do not get the same level of interaction, but our boys actually prefer not having to look around and over others on the floor.

tiggerandpooh63
10-19-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree- we sat in the balcony and loved it. You were still made to feel like part of the show and you can see great.

princessjojo
10-19-2008, 09:52 AM
When we were there in June we sat in Cat 2 on the floor. We sat along the edge of the floor around mid-back of the room. Our table didn't get chosen to participate in, but the table behind us did. We were able to see fine. I would sit there again without a doubt.

TheRustyScupper
10-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Contrary to the implied meaning of the tiered seating, there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

1) I guess "bad" is a subjective term.
2) Many Cat-3 seats have posts in your viewing line.
3) Let's face it, there are three categories for a reason.
4) The first reason is that WDW can charge more.
5) The second reason is that they can keep DDP people from expensive "cash" seats.
6) The second reason is that
. . . Cat-1 is a preferred seat
. . . Cat-2 is a seat less preferred than Cat-1
. . . Cat-3 is a seat less preferred than Cat-2
7) If all the seats had the same "good" views, there wouldn't be a price difference.
8) WDW is like real life - you get what you pay for.

NOTE: I have viewed HDDR from Cat-1, Cat-2 and Cat-3 seats, and would not do anything but Cat-1 again. Regardless what other people say, you do not have as good a view from Cat-2 and Cat-3 as you do from Cat-1.

AuntLaura
10-19-2008, 03:06 PM
We've been to HDD many times, have been seated many different places, and enjoyed it every time.

KylesMom
10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
1) I guess "bad" is a subjective term.
2) Many Cat-3 seats have posts in your viewing line.

I'll do a Rusty reply :D

1. This was us - before tiered seating began. We reserved our spot almost a year in advance and were relegated to the side back of the balcony with posts in the way.
2. We will never spend our money on HDD again. We constantly were having to move our stools back/forward/over to see the show. 1/2 the time we didn't know what was going on.
3. DH calls it "Whoop-De-Doo", that was how lacking our experience was.

In short, pay the money and get the Tier 1 seating!

Maleficent's Dad
10-19-2008, 09:19 PM
3) Let's face it, there are three categories for a reason.
7) If all the seats had the same "good" views, there wouldn't be a price difference.
8) WDW is like real life - you get what you pay for.
I couldn't agree more - with the HDDR, you most definitely, "get what you pay for!"

Contrary to the implied meaning of the tiered seating, there really isn't a bad seat in the house. There are a couple seats that tend to get picked on more than others, but I've been front and center, back of the room, balcony, etc.
I've seen this show no fewer than 12 times and I can tell you, there is a difference based on where you sit. Sure, you may get picked to tell the audience which state you're from regardless of where you sit, but the vast majority of 'jokes' and antics go on with those sitting up front.

The actual view may be better from the middle of the seating area, or even up top, but the characters definitely INTERACT with you when you're sitting up front at the stage. Take it from someone who has sat in both locations - sitting up front is a much better experience!!!

bouncer
10-19-2008, 10:25 PM
thanks for the replies. We'll do cat 1.

:thanks:

TheRustyScupper
10-19-2008, 11:01 PM
thanks for the replies. We'll do cat 1.

:thanks:

1) Good choice.
2) You should really enjoy the show.
3) We find it
. . . silly