PDA

View Full Version : Dining at the Wave

Hull-onian
10-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Has anyone had a chance to dine at the Wave?
My niece dined there and said it was very good. Any other opinions? Please and thank you.

JenniferS.
10-18-2008, 11:56 AM
We have been there and didn't like it. We had lunch there and it wasn't busy at all. The service was very slow and w/ 3 tired kids, it didn't mix. I tried the lettuce wraps, but wasn't my style. I had the spice-crusted chicken salad..not that great. For desert, I had the Decadent Flavors - blueberry compote with yogurt gelato, lemon cornbread with vanilla panna cotta, chocolate mousse with salted caramel sauce. That was the only good thing I ate. I am kind of picky, so I'm not sure if you would like it or not.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
10-18-2008, 12:46 PM
We went in Aug and it was OK. The service was a little slow and the food was mediocre. I probably will not go back because of the lack of WOW factor and too many other choices for us that do!

wdwnomad
10-18-2008, 10:04 PM
I dined there a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great. I was probably one of the best dining experiences the whole trip. Everyone had the beef tenderlion. It was the best steak of the entire trip. The sauce was devine and the steak was cooked perfectly as ordered. That was especically nice because we had also eaten at the Coral Reef and LeCellier and both of those places overcooked the steaks.

We are planing on eating there again during our trip next year.

Hull-onian
10-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I dined there a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great. I was probably one of the best dining experiences the whole trip. Everyone had the beef tenderlion. It was the best steak of the entire trip. The sauce was devine and the steak was cooked perfectly as ordered. That was especically nice because we had also eaten at the Coral Reef and LeCellier and both of those places overcooked the steaks.

We are planing on eating there again during our trip next year.

Thanks that is what I wanted to hear. :tasty:

karenrarintogo
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I AGREE! I ordered the beef tenderloin and it was WONDERFUL! Loved my dinner from the bread and butter basket to the last bite of a decadent trio of desserts paired with very delicious coffee. Had a GREAT server and went out of my way to mention this to the manager on duty that evening. Will be back same time next year (with free dining).:D:mickey:

peemagg
10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Where is The Wave located?

karenrarintogo
10-19-2008, 09:14 PM
The Wave is at the Contemporary Resort--down the escalators.

Goofy Fan
10-20-2008, 02:23 AM
We ate there for breakfast the one morning last month and it wasn't anything spectacular. The service was great, but the food itself was so-so and the coffee very bland. Another thing I thought was odd was aside from our table, there were only two other families in the restaurant. Then again, I shrug that off as it being fairly new and not too many people knowing about it. It is kinda hidden away down there on the first floor. If we weren't staying at the hotel, we probably would've missed it too.

Lynn J Mc
10-20-2008, 09:05 AM
We had 4 beef tenderloins and 1 kids spaghetti. Food was very good. I don't know what Disney has against hot bread but the bread is never warm at any restaurant there and so it goes at The Wave. Being a fan of the Concourse - The Wave will never replace it in my heart. I happen to like watching the monorail go by while I eat but I suppose when the food and fun center opens that will take care of that problem.

prttynpnk
10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
We loved it in September! I had the sustainable catch of the day and my husband had the tenderloin and we both were very pleased. The service was good and we loved the atmosphere.
Definitley on our return to list! :cloud9:

LandFan
10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Ate there at the end of July. So-so. I thought it was overpriced, the food was good but not a wow and the ambiance was nothing to write home about. :((THe tunnel is cool but the actual dining area is kind of open and blah)

We liked the Concourse Steakhouse better.

We cancelled our ressie for it this THanksgiving and put BOMA back in our lineup instead.

JMHO

huzzah4
10-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Of course my wife is understating things by saying that her fish was "excellent". To be completely honest, we were both just about willing to roll around in it it was so good. This was easily the best meal of our trip. It has been a month and I am still raving about it.

I loved the atmosphere of The Wave. It was calm and relaxed without seeming too formal. For us the service was impeccable. The waiter was very attentive and friendly, even going so far as to ask where we were from and discussing the area with us. The food was absolutely perfect.

My tenderloin was cooked flawlessly, it is easily one of the best steaks I have ever had (including my own). That being said, I am afraid that I actually ordered poorly. My wife had the sustainable catch of the day, Alaskan Black Cod, and it was absolutely perfect. The fish was exquisitely cooked, with just a slight seared crust to the surface, but the interior literally fell apart in our mouths. Fortunately, there was too much for her to eat, I say fortunately because I got to finish it for her, and had we not been in public, I likely would have licked the plate clean. We could not have asked for a better meal, and I am counting the days until we can return.