PDA

View Full Version : Character Dinning new additions?

Greenlawler
10-18-2008, 02:52 AM
With the departure of the Liberty Tree character meal, and the elimination of lunch at Garden Grill it makes you wonder...Are they going to replace these? Are there any new character meals on the horizon? I for one would love a character meal with some of the more obscure characters but I know thats not going to happen.

DisneyBabies
10-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I haven't heard that they are going to relace these, but I hope they do at some point.
Disney has also changed the character line up at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club), so I wonder if they will change others soon.
I have heard from others on this site that they had a villians character meal at one time. I would like to see that, because the one time we went, we only saw one or two villians.

TheRustyScupper
10-18-2008, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=Greenlawler;1764227. . . Are they going to replace these? Are there any new character meals on the horizon? . . .[/QUOTE]

1) Obviously, there is no official comment, yet.
2) But, the rumor mills are running overtime.
3) From what I hear, they are reducing character meals.
4) There have been too many complaints about too many of them.
5) It is getting harder and harder to find available regular meals.

NOTE: My opinion is that they need more non-character meals. Until the removal of characters from LTT, the choice of non-character sit-down meals at MK was one (1).

joanna71985
10-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I wish they didn't have to remove the characters from LTT. That was one of the best character meals, in my opinion. They didn't have characters at lunch, they should have left dinner alone.:(

Cheloconnell
10-19-2008, 09:10 AM
In the 2009 dining plan list, LTT is still listed as character dining. Is it definite they are doing away with it in January 09?

Tbelle1976
10-19-2008, 11:16 AM
:mickey:The reason we like the character meals is because I feel if we are going to take the time to sit down and dine it's less time in the parks that we have to look for those characters for pics, less time standing in the character lines and more time to do other things in the park.

Don't get me wrong, we still will see the same characters if the line is not too long!

Lynn J Mc
10-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I for one like the character meals. Better for them to come to us than us stand in line. This year we did Lilo and Stich at Ohana's and that was new for us and we got to see the Step sisters and Lady Tremayne at 1900 PArk FAre. That being said, I remember when you went through the line at Crystal Palace cafeteria-style and it was so much cheaper and you could pay for what you wanted - not everything. I do miss those days. And they had the best spaghetti!!!

NewmanFamily6
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Personally my family really enjoys the character meals for some of the above mentioned reasons. It is a nice break from touring and the children get to see charcters we do not have to wait in line for:mickey:

DDuck66
10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
A little off topic, but since LTT is not having characters anymore, what will happen to the price. $28.99 per person is a little high for a family style dinner. We have always loved it, but I do not think it is worth that price for just the food (IMHO).

PittFan
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
A little off topic, but since LTT is not having characters anymore, what will happen to the price. $28.99 per person is a little high for a family style dinner. We have always loved it, but I do not think it is worth that price for just the food (IMHO).

:ditto: