PDA

View Full Version : I.D. for the extra magic hours

Catzle
10-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Just wondering how this is working work? Showing your I.D. each time you get on a ride?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Not very well. A lot of places don't give much more than a quick glance. But essentially, yes, you just show your resort ID to the CM at the front of the line. Be sure to have everyone's resort card, including children.

MomOfAPrincess502
10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
We were there two weeks ago and took advantage of the extra magic hours at Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom. I noticed that some CMs would look closely at the dates on your key to the world card, while others just barely glanced at them. Make sure everyone in your party has theirs available. I found it easier to carry the cards in a lanyard around my neck so that I wasn't always trying to dig them out of my bag. Just be careful if the person carrying the cards is not going on the ride and everyone else is!

Tinkerbella16
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I just ordered a tinkerbell lanyard on ebay earlier today for this reason. I always have a drawstring bag when I go to WDW, and they have no pockets so instead of digging through everything, keeping my fastpasses and room key in the lanyard attached pouch will be much easier. It seems that most CMs aren't looking closely at all to the cards, but in 3 weeks we will see how everything goes with EMH...:D

:mickey:

snuggs30
10-18-2008, 12:00 AM
HAHA I ordered the black tinkerbell laynard from ebay! That is going to be so much easier than the bag! :thumbsup:

badkitty
10-18-2008, 12:05 AM
I didn't have any trouble at AK and all the CMs seemed to be checking the card very closely for the dates. I would image that the more crowded EMHs would slow the lines up looking at the cards.

Zawadi
10-18-2008, 05:32 AM
At the start of evening EMH CM's tend to be more vigilant.
One evening in AK, we decided to do Everest. The wait time displayed at the entrance showed 5 minutes. However, the line outside the building stretched back all the way to beyond the restrooms near the themed "hotel" that is opening next season.
Once past the blockage at the id check, the ride was walk on.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
10-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I wondered how bad the checking the ID card line would get. It sounds like alot of problems that they hopefully will remedy soon.

jennalyssa05
10-18-2008, 02:45 PM
same here! i ordered a black tinkerbell lanyard too! We ordered one for all four of us... leaving for our trips this friday!! can't wait!

BigRedDad
10-18-2008, 04:23 PM
E-Ride night was so much easier. You pay $10 at the resort for the night, you get a wristband on Main Street, and there were no questions asked.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-18-2008, 10:25 PM
The first night we went they were sort of checking the IDs. The last night at the MK they weren't checking at all, and this was just 3 weeks ago.

Insanity Clause
10-18-2008, 10:44 PM
DH and I just order a lanyard through ebay like some of you suggested. This one has a little pouch for keeping the cards and id or anything like that at the end. I think this will be perfect since there will be five of us...me, Dh and three of our kids.

zebradome17
10-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I went just before this was introduced but perhaps the long lines outside attractions for card checking might put people off and make the queues shorter inside? Just a thought.;)

mulderxcoltrane
10-19-2008, 09:45 AM
May I ask what search terms everyone uses to get ID lanyards on ebay? I type in disney lanyards and get 1,000s of pin ones.

Tinkerbella16
10-19-2008, 05:06 PM
HAHA I ordered the black tinkerbell laynard from ebay! That is going to be so much easier than the bag! :thumbsup:

HAHA!! I swear, we are bound to run into eachother when we're there. Now we know what to look out for...the black Tink lanyard lol!!

Magic Smiles
10-20-2008, 07:15 AM
HAHA!! I swear, we are bound to run into eachother when we're there. Now we know what to look out for...the black Tink lanyard lol!!
I haven't looked yet, but are there other lanyards available or just the black Tink, as everyone seems to be purchasing this one?

g8rgirl29
10-20-2008, 09:30 AM
May I ask what search terms everyone uses to get ID lanyards on ebay? I type in disney lanyards and get 1,000s of pin ones.

We got the Universal Keeper which is an attachment for a lanyard, and is actually for pin trading. (The WDW Mail Ordr SKU 10022053 Lanyard attachment Universal Keeper. If you would like to place an order you may do so by calling (407)363-6200 or by email with the following: Item list, name, phone number, billing address, shipping address and credit card information with expiration date. Email address is [email protected].) It has clips so you could attach other things, cell phone attachment and water bottle attachment. I used the old photo pass water park wrist band to hold the keeper with my resort cards. They don't give these out anymore but you could purchase the key chain ones that they sell at WalMart, Lowes etc.

Disney_Barbie
10-20-2008, 03:58 PM
near the themed "hotel" that is opening next season.

What is this you speak of?

Zawadi
10-20-2008, 04:08 PM
What is this you speak of?

There's no new gossip here. The building is just part of the theming around EE.

Tinkerbella16
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I haven't looked yet, but are there other lanyards available or just the black Tink, as everyone seems to be purchasing this one?

I believe there is a pink Tink one too. I thought the black was cute. And of course there are other Disney lanyards also.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I had a manager from Snow White ask me last night if we are checking IDs for characters and I said to her "When they took away the wristbands that made our job easier, we stopped worrying and decided to just let anyone who wanted to meet the VIPs come in. We're not going to hold up our line by asking for IDs because while we are checking, Mickey and Minnie stand there doing nothing, which is bad show. So until they bring back wristbands, the characters are for everyone."

She laughed and said "Us too."

snuggs30
10-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Yes there is pink, it very pretty. My mom got goofy, donald and mickey its a royal blue.. very very cute! I just liked the black because it would go with anything!

18 days till the world!!!!!!:cloud9:

BraddyB
10-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I was there Oct 6-13th and I thought it moved pretty good. Longest wait was maybe 10 minutes. Some CM's looked a bit closer than others but if you couldnt show a room key then you werent allowed on. Just make sure you keep it in your front pocket or somewhere you can get to it easily.