PDA

View Full Version : Halloweenies Finale

thrillme
10-17-2008, 01:37 PM
MGM was very nice. First place was Toy Story for Fast passes the wait was already up to an hour. Got in line for Rockin’. We got to do everything RR and ToT twice. Toy Story was great but the time eventually crept up to a full 2 hours. NUTZ. At least we got to do it once. I felt really lucky too because there were a couple of times where the ride stopped so to entertain us while it stopped the objects turned to “0” values and we got to continue to play. We ate at Sci Fi and the ribs were a bit dry, I liked my pasta and we totally loved the peanut butter cake, my DS had a Sundae and loved that we all had awesome milkshakes. The waitress was WONDERFUL. Even though my DS and I have seen the old movies over and over we still enjoy them. I kinda wish they’d come up with a “new” reel. Surely there were more newsy events and goofy movies to make up a couple of other reels.

We didn’t get to do the Great Movie ride because someone was renewing their vows. I was bummed. That’s usually our “closing” ride…but I guess it was sweet. I can only imagine how much it must have cost to completely shut down a ride at Disney during a busy weekend.

We did get in on the first Fantasmic show. It worked out nicely actually. We were prepared for standing then a CM found us some seats. We were on three different rows but we were right in front of each other… Everybody SQUISH.

After MGM we SHOULD have done Maya Grill but instead we were stupid enough to try Pepper Market again. My DS went for the chicken fajitas. The meat wasn’t so bad but the tortillas were very thin and papery. It just wasn’t “chicken” fajitas…it was more like chicken strips in tortillas. I guess it wasn’t “bad” but it wasn’t the best either…I thought it was weird there was not any rice and beans with it…but I’m probably hypercritical because they were just “different” than our Texas style. My DH and I went for the Chicken Alfredo (I’ll never do the steak again). Well the pasta and alfredo sauce was fine (nothing like that old Italian restaurant that “used” to be at Epcot)…the “chicken” however…was TERRIBLE. It was chicken jerkey. I’m known to eat just about anything and I pushed this aside and gave up. If I were a chef I’d be embarrassed to serve it. I’m very tempted to write and complain. The waiter that night brought us 3 glasses of water…never saw him again and he never saw a tip.

As we left we had planned on breakfast at the hotel. The waiter from the night before said Maya Grill didn’t open up till in the evening after 5:00. My boys reluctantly went back to Pepper Market since we were trapped with only about 2 hours before the bus came. I found the Maya Grill open for breakfast. They couldn’t get moving fast enough. The buffet at the Maya was simple but fine. Nothing to write home about. As far as breakfast Buffets go Donald’s Safari was best this trip. I was kinda expecting Maya to have a buffet similar to the buffet at Universal’s Royal Pacific…WOW…that one was AWESOME (but no Donald).

We ran into a number of people who live nearby and go more so to just enjoy the hotels. We ran into others that live in Georgia and drive over at least 7 times a year (I was quite surprised about that considering the lack of gas and the attack by Russia earlier that year:eek::jaw:…I guess Georgians are resilient).
I guess we just live so far away that it’s just not feasible. :( While I love Disney there are a lot of other things I enjoy too and unless I get a “cut” of the $700 billion dollars…I’m going to have to keep working. Work REALLY cuts into my travel time…I simply MUST win the lottery. :thumbsup:

We had a wonderful time and we WILL go back unfortunately I just don’t know when right now…I’m too broke to make a firm decision. :(:( I was very disappointed at how crowded it was. I really didn’t notice any benefits to going now as opposed to going in the summer. In fact…summer seemed almost a little “easier”. The parks are open a bit later and because my DS doesn’t have school I don’t feel pressured so we can stay longer. My DH loved the idea of going back but this time making it an 8-10 day trip so we can take more time, enjoy the pool more, spend time at DTD, go to the water parks etc. :number1:

In the past it was easier to get close to the characters. This time the line was CRAZY…even for the visa holders. It could be too that since we were only there for 4 days (not including travel time) we just didn't have time to wait.

Epcot’s World Showcase was well…I really don’t want to do that again during the food and wine festival. We were there on a Friday night and perhaps…that was just the worse night in the entire world. It was PACKED in the evening.

We still had snack credits so we bought a good handful of snacks then dashed out to the bus. It was hard work but we managed to clear out all our dining credits…too much food I’m still FULL.

Overall the trip was a BLAST. We had a good time CSR was a beautiful hotel but…it was just too big for “ME”… I think if the guys in the carts provided rides a bit more I’d have been happier (after all day in the parks my feet are STILL sore). I’d like something “smaller”. We don’t normally spend a lot of hotel time. I like a place to sleep, maybe swim and perhaps have a drink or two. My friends stayed at CB and that was very nice I’ve heard the French Quarter was quite nice too. If all else fails...I’ll be back at Pop. I’ll miss the queen beds and the hot tub but I did like the food court there a lot (tie dye cheesecake, the choco marshmallow cheesecake and the meatball subs…YUM).

I'm really bummed right now because I can't even remotely guess when NEXT time will be. :(

KylesMom
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
WOW - so much for a recession, huh? That had to be somewhat tough when you were expecting lower crowds and the place was mobbed. It sounds like you still had a wonderful time - I hope you are able to get back sooner than you think. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks for posting...although we didn't care for Maya grill we enjoyed our meals at Pepper market, of course that was three years ago. I thought the quality of the steaks were really good back then, especially at CS prices......I hate to hear they're slipping.

pdrlkr
10-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

laward32
10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip.:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-17-2008, 07:09 PM
The wondering when you will be going back is the worst! But alas, it will come!!! Thanks for the report!

tinkerbell04
10-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I have enjoyed reading all about it!

January-2007
10-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Not knowing when you'll be back really stinks. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

faline
10-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry it was more crowded than you'd like! You still can't beat spending time at Disney! Thanks for your reports!

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
No Donald?
Excellent report- thanks for sharing- !!

I need to win the lottery too= cross your fingers !!

goofy for pluto
11-07-2008, 10:03 AM
We ran into others that live in Georgia and drive over at least 7 times a year (I was quite surprised about that considering the lack of gas and the attack by Russia earlier that year…I guess Georgians are resilient). :D :D

Great Report!!
Thanks for posting!