PDA

View Full Version : 30th Anniversary trip

Goofeygal
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I am so excited me and DH are going Aug 09 to disney for out 30th wedding anniversary. The best part is we are staying at the POLY. I have never stayed there before and that is one place I have always dreamed of staying. I am so very excited. How far in advance should I make my room ressies.

mulderxcoltrane
10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Better be safe than sorry - go ahead and book them now. You have until 45 days before to cancel with no financial penalty.

goofygirl64
10-17-2008, 01:24 PM
I definitely agree, book now so that you are not disappointed. And if you book a package, you only have to pay the $200.00 deposit. If you are a AAA member, don't forget to ask about the discount.

My husband and I stayed at the Poly last year for our 21st anniversary and had a wonderful time. I hope that you both enjoy your anniversary trip!

disneymom15
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
We're thinking of doing the same thing for our 30th. Only difference is we want to stay at POFQ. Our anniv. is Sept 1, when is yours?

PinKy
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Happy Anniversary (a bit early!)!!

spoiledraf
10-19-2008, 10:26 PM
While our 35th anniversary is also in August, we are going in June and taking the kids and the kids kids. It,s the wifes idea so I'm all for it. She chose the tripover a new kitchen. Always putting her kids (and me) first. Beach Club Villas for us. It will be a little tight but we expect it to be a great week.

Happy Anniversary to all!:party:

spoiledraf
10-19-2008, 10:28 PM
By the way, I don't think you can get AAA discounts on packages. I couldn't.

faline
10-20-2008, 11:39 AM
AAA does offer discounts on packages but this requires that you work directly with your AAA office. I've not been pleased with the service I've received from our AAA office. I always use Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)instead.

Katzateer
10-21-2008, 07:29 AM
We went for our 30th anniversary and had a great time (I didn't think I would be bringing a 12 year old and a 17th year old for our 30th when we got married when I was 20!!!).

One of the great things we did-we ate at the California Grill and had a really nice dinner. I ordered a cake to surprise my husband. It was a little pricey (about $30) but was almost as pretty as our wedding cake and the 4 of us ate on it for a few days (just make sure you have plans of where to put a boxed cake when you leave-luckily we were going back to the resort after dinner). I ordered the cake a few weeks in advance for a surprise.

Have a great anniversary!!

mickeefan
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I like your cake idea. Did you order it from the California Grill?
We will be eating there in December for our 50th and I may just do that.