PDA

View Full Version : Anyone @ CBR right now? Question about refurb

DisneyBabies
10-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I know that they are renovating the rest of CBR (the Nemo theme) a little at a time, but how about Trinidad South (pirate theme)? Has anyone stayed there recently or even walked around there to see if anything is going on yet? They are taking ressies for the pirate rooms for stays as early as Jan 2009, so I am just wondering how the refurb is being handled. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

PS. Does anyone else have confirmed ressies for the pirate rooms and when will you be there?

blondeinbrandon
10-20-2008, 09:17 AM
We just got back and though we saw construction going on around Aruba, there was nothing that I saw at Trinidad South. But that just means I didn't see any, not that it isn't happening.
We stayed in Barbados and I really liked the Nemo theme and the new TV! The beds were nice too.
Have fun!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-20-2008, 03:22 PM
If you go to WDW website it looks like you can get ressies for the pirate rooms sometime in Jan. I would guess that if those rooms aren't being worked on yet, then it should happen in the near future.

DisneyBabies
10-21-2008, 12:09 PM
We already have a pirate room ressie for DS's b-day trip in Feb 09. I am just trying to find out if the refurb has begun or if they are putting it off, which increases the risk of them getting behind in getting the refurb done. I'd also like to see if anyone else has ressies for the pirate rooms.

DisneyBabies
12-15-2008, 08:55 AM
*bump*

jennsky
12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I have ressies for a Pirate Standard Room for November 2009...I know...it's a ways away, but still!

DisneyBabies
12-16-2008, 11:26 AM
jennsky-
Thanks for the reply! I would be excited about a Nov. trip too. Are you as excited as me to see what the rooms actually look like when they are done?

jennsky
12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
jennsky-
Thanks for the reply! I would be excited about a Nov. trip too. Are you as excited as me to see what the rooms actually look like when they are done?

I've totally been scowering the internet looking for some preview pics...something more than the artist's sketch of the rooms. I really hope someone posts some pics in January when the rooms are supposed to open. As for going in November, I've never been during that time of year so I'm looking forward to it. I was emailed a great discount code that I'm taking advantage of, plus, I'm going a couple weeks BEFORE Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping the crowds aren't that huge....I guess that'll be yet to be seen though!

ValenciaCalling
12-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Does that mean no more Ariel signs around the pool? :(

Dsnygirl
12-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I was just @ CBR, and one of the bell services CM's said that the pirate rooms should be open sometime in January or February, but no one has been allowed to see them yet. I guess they're keeping it totally undercover until they open all of them. Can't wait to see pics from the first people that stay there, though -- we're considering a pirate room for our October trip.

(oh, and btw -- they will be premiere rooms, so extra $$, in case anyone was wondering.)

eeyoremom
12-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know if trinidad north has been remodeled yet? We have preferred for Jan, but just found out the martinique quiet pool will be closed. Would like a newly remodeled room if possible. Thanks

Dsnygirl
12-20-2008, 02:28 AM
Does anyone know if trinidad north has been remodeled yet? We have preferred for Jan, but just found out the martinique quiet pool will be closed. Would like a newly remodeled room if possible. Thanks
I don't think it has, but I think if you call CBR and ask to speak with a room assigner, they can tell you if they'll be done with Trinidad North by when you are there in January.

When I called before we arrived last week, I at first spoke to whomever answered the phone, and she wasn't even aware of the Nemo rooms, just the coming pirate rooms. But she transferred me to a room assigner, and she was very aware of where the new rooms were, and we had one when we arrived. (Aruba -- very nice, esp. being across from Old Port Royale... but one of the last stops at night on the buses. Yawn! Otherwise, though, the room was great -- the bell services gentleman that helped us w/ our luggage said that they'd only finished the area we were in within the last 2 weeks. Talk about clean & fresh!!)

Good luck!!

TiggeRia
12-20-2008, 08:08 AM
I just got back Thursday after spending a week in Trinidad South-Room 3521. I saw no signs of construction in that area and our room was most definitely not a pirate room. It was very neat and clean, though, and we had an excellent Mousekeeper. Only downside is that it's quite a hike to get to Old Port Royale.

RedSoxFan
12-20-2008, 08:34 AM
We were there in October and we're in a "Finding Nemo" in Barbados; bldg 11. Very nice.

DisneyBabies
01-08-2009, 02:06 PM
*bump*

Luv Eeyore
01-09-2009, 11:38 AM
We have a reservation for a Pirate room in early April. I was on the official Disney website and they have what appears to be an actual picture of the Pirate room in the web section for CBR (I think under the accommodations tab).

DisneyBabies
01-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Luv Eeyore-
Where and when did you see this? I looked on the site and the only thing I found was the artist rendering.
Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: I found it! I found it!
NEW! Pirate rooms (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/caribbean-beach-resort/)

They look better than the artist rendering!

(anyone know why disney seems to have two different websites for WDW? I couldn't access these pictures by going to disneyworld.com, I found them using a link on another discussion board.)

tiggerandpooh63
01-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Wow! THanks for posting. We are leaving 1/20 and can't wait!!!

traceyo1
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
We are staying in one of the Pirate rooms Jan 26-28. I don't know how many Pirate rooms they have but I do know that when I started looking back in October, this was the only one available for those days. If I tried to book for the 25th, they didn't have any available. DD and I can't wait!!:pirate::pirate: