PDA

View Full Version : Changeing resorts, luggage transfer, ticket issues

spoiledraf
10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Just made our reservations for BC Villas for June. Game plan; fly in mid day Monday, spend the night at a value resort. Up early Tuesday, get checked it at BCV early as possible to have the entire day. Check out Sat. and spend the last night at a value. Fly out Sunday. There are nine in our party, 6 adults and three little ones under 5.

Questions;
Whos done it and how well did it work.

I'm assuming they will transfer our luggage from resort to resort. And back again at the end of our stay.

I'm concerned about check in at the BCV. I would like to go and check in by myself so as not to get everyone, especially the little ones involved in getting from point A to point B. My thought is let them get ready and just catch a bus to the MK. It's all going on one bill so I assume I can get everybodys passes and just meet them at the gate of the MK. I don't recall anyone having to sign anything individually.

Does this sound like a viable plan?

DizneyRox
10-16-2008, 10:39 PM
It should work... Is this two rooms, or just one? If two rooms, check to make sure they will give you the room keys on the room you are NOT listed under. Even if you're paying for it, not sure they will provide the keys/tickets. If it's one big room, then yeah, sounds like a plan.

Luggage transfer might take until later in the day to arrive at the destination, and as long as you're transferring between Disney owned and operated resorts, you're fine. Disney will not transfer luggage to Swan/Dolphin, or that's what I've been told.

teambricker04
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
We did this last May and it worked out better than I was planning.

We stayed at AS the first night. We got up the next morning and headed over to EPCOT. Right after lunch we walked to BC. Because it was before check in there wasn't hardly a person there so we didn't have to wait. We were rather surprised to get into our room right away... and even scored an upgrade!

The only suggestion is that you need to call about a half hour or so before you want your luggage picked up. It takes a little time for them to get to you. Our luggage came straight away to the BC when we checked in.

I know what you mean about having the kids waiting around. You should be able to check in, but as DisneyRox stated, if you have more than one room you may need someone else with you. In the BC lobby every afternoon they have game time for little kids. If you want to go with the kids, they may be entertained with that. I am not sure what time they do that, but I think around 2ish.

spoiledraf
10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
We will have more than one room, but it's an anniversary celebration and we are apying all the bills on one card. Since I'm picking up the bill, I should be able to get everything. Or so I assume. We have always wanted to take the kids as a group and this may be the only time we can.

I didn't know about any game time. That could be a great idea. And movies on the beach were also mentioned. I'm liken these ideas.

DizneyRox
10-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Since I'm picking up the bill, I should be able to get everything. Or so I assume.
I wouldn't assume anything. Just because you're paying, I am not so sure they will give you keys to a room you're not staying in. I have never tried this on a room, but I was unable to get my SO's AP (renewal) even though I was picking up the bill, I would assume that a hotel room where someone could "steal" items they might be a little more stringent as well.

Also, I remember asking a few years ago for an extra key to give my parents. They are older and could have used our room as a rest stop. I was denied an extra key as their name wasn't on the reservation. Maybe it was a bad CM, maybe it's policy...

spoiledraf
10-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Actually, I misspoke. I said we will have more than one room but actually, we have a 2 BR suite at the BC Villas so it's all one reservation. But I will have to check it out.