PDA

View Full Version : Disney items for trip

disneywith3boys
10-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I've taken some advice that I've read on the baords and am going to bring special gifts for the boys for each morning of our trip....some quesitons:
1. How do you order personalized Mickey ears in advance?
2. Is there a place to get official park autograph books/pens in advance?
3. Can you still get Disney dollars in a Disney store? Where would you find a Disney wallet?? Anyplace online, etc.?

DisneyBabies
10-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Call Disney Merchandising @ 1-407-363-6200. They can help you order the mickey ears, autograph books and pens. You can ask them about the disney wallet, but Target sometimes has CARS or Winnie the Pooh themed ones in their Dollar Spot.
Sorry, but I'm not sure about the disney dollars. Someone who knows should be along soon.
Hope this helps.

thumperbug
10-18-2008, 06:46 PM
I find a lot of Disney merchandise at Walmart.

I also hit the dollar stores which always seem to have a large selection of Disney items

thiscouldbeahabit
10-23-2008, 04:53 PM
ditto on the dollar store - I've found a bunch of stuff there!

wendy*darling
10-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes, the Disney Stores still sell Disney Dollars. :thumbsup:

I agree on the suggestions for scouting your local Dollar Stores, Walmart and Target- they all seem to get Disney merchandise in on a regular basis- and much cheaper than ordering from WDW Merchandising.
But you will need Merchandising for the Mickey Ears if you want them before you leave on your trip. :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
10-30-2008, 06:19 PM
The Disney Store still sells Disney Dollars. They come in denominations of $1, $5, and $10 and various characters. Last time I checked, Ariel was on the $1, Stitch was on the $5 and Aurora was on the $10, but that was a while ago and I believe they were changing (I heard Mickey and Donald were supposed to be coming back, but I'm unsure of the denominations and I never saw them)

I also got a very cute Mickey wallet from the Disney store. When they're selling wallets, they tend to end up in clearance. When our store close last year we had a men's pirate's wallet, a men's leather mickey wallet, and a women's leather mickey wallet, and a jack skellington wallet. The one I have is a black Mickey one:mickey: (with a matching pocketbook, which is slightly horrific to this very non-girlie girl, but it was so cute I couldn't resist!:secret: :blush:)

wendy*darling
11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I wanted to add an update regarding the purchasing of Disney Dollars in Disney Stores...

apparently many of the Disney Stores no longer carry the Disney Dollars- or only have them sporadically.

I tried to purchase some this past weekend at the 2 stores in my area. Both of them were out- and had no idea if/when they would get more.
As a matter of fact- the Cherry Hill Disney Store only had ONE gift card left in the store as well! I purchased that instead.

Just wanted to let you know- you may want to call your local Disney Store before heading out to get the Disney Dollars.

mattandmandy
11-09-2008, 01:57 PM
LOL I just posted a very similar post in vacation planning. At Target we bought some really cute Disney sweaters for our 2 toddler boys. I LOVE them. I'm not sure if they still have the styles we bought since it was a couple of months ago...also we are traveling later this month...I don't know if you will need sweaters when you go. We also bought sippy cups at Disney Store and some cute shirts from Walmart.

I haven't tried the $1 stores yet. Thanks!!

mattandmandy
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Someone suggested Dollar Tree and they had a lot of great Disney things. Definately a good place to buy treats for boys if you have that store in your area. I just went this afternoon and bought some stickers, stamps, and figurines. They also had yo-yo's, jump ropes, books, dominos...etc. Thanks for yalls suggestions!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
You can buy the Disney Dollars at the Front Desk or at Guest Relations in the parks or resorts as well. The denominations can actually go up through $50 and $100, but those are rare since most people won't use them. The designs currently have Mickey for the 80th Anniversary, and before that was the Princesses. It was actually Cinderella on the $5, Stitch was part of a different series. Before that was the limited edition Pirates dollars. I've forgotten most of the other series, but I want to say Stitch was part of the 50th Anniversary series for DL.

beksy
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Is there anywhere to purchase Disney Dollars or the gift card online or by phone? I'm thinking of asking my parents for spending money for Christmas and this would be a lot more fun than just plain money or a plain gift card but we don't have a Disney Store close by. :(

wendy*darling
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Is there anywhere to purchase Disney Dollars or the gift card online or by phone?

Yes! You can buy Gift Cards online at disneyshopping.com.
They start at $25 and are available in $25 increments up to $150. Also $200, $250, $300 and $500.
Just be careful that you don't buy the "online" gift card. Make sure it's the card you can use in the parks and stores. They are both on the same page- the plastic gift cards are further down on the page.

We3
12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I made my DD's autograph book with her 2 weeks before the trip. She loved it, is is personal to her and it was a lot of fun.There are websites that let you print out the characters your children like the best, I lamenated them with photo lamenation paper from WalMart and hole punched it and tied it with her favorite color yarn. Cheap, easy and fun. They do sell autograph books at every resort just about, they are around 8 bucks, I saw 3 different kinds when I was down there and that was it. The characters all made a big deal out of DD making her own. It was fun.