PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside Question?

fischer
10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Which theme park is the closest to the resort? Also, which building is the closest to the main pool and Food Court. Thank you for the help.

ILoveLegos
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Building 14 is close.
Every bus ride to the parks took about 10 minutes if I remember correctly. It seemed equi-distant to everything except Animal Kingdom, which was farther and sometimes we went to a water park in route there. Of course, I've only stayed in January twice (slow time) and October once (kinda slow time).
The boat ride to DTD is the best ride, takes awhile to get there (about 25 min) but in that case, its the journey not just the destination that's the best part!!!

Tinkerbella16
10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Riverside is my favorite resort on property. We found the closest building to the main building was Bldg #14 in Alligator Bayou. We were probably in one of the furthest building but we didn't mind...because it is such a nice resort I actually loved the walking. I also thought that all the bus rides were very short to the parks..with the exception of AK of course. MK is surprisingly very close to POR and FQ. And you should def take the boat to DTD...it is such a nice way to get away from all the bus hassle and is very relaxing....not so quick, but we used it every night we went to DTD during our stay.

glar42
10-16-2008, 01:54 PM
We've always requested Bldg 85, Magnolia Terrace. This building is a short walk over the bridge to the main pool, food court, restaurant and main lobby. We take the bus stop from the rear of our building as it is the last bus stop on the run. When we come back we can get off at the main bus stop and walk through or just ride around to the back of the property.

There is a quiet pool and laundry facilities next to this building as well.

Staying here the first few days of our trip (in two weeks!!) and then moving to OKW for our first stay as DVC owners!!

Never paid too much attention to the bus rides to the parks....just happy to be in Disney. I believe the ride to Animal Kingdom took a little longer than the others. We like to take the boat ride to Downtown Disney. Very enjoyable in the early evening hours.