PDA

View Full Version : Reservation question

RobinRocksDisney
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Hello Intercot!!:mickey:

This is my first post.....and my first trip to Disney! We are going Oct 09 and staying at Fort Wilderness. I have a question about dining......

At this point, I have only made reservations for the camping, haven't bought tickets yet. I am waiting for my 180 day window to reserve specific character dining, which must be paid for in full. Now, when I buy my tickets and get my dining plan, how can I use my dining credits towards a character meal that has already been paid for? Make sense?
Any help/direction will be greatly appreciated!

Have a MAGICAL day!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Hello and WELCOME to Intercot!!

To be able to purchase and use the dining plan, you have to book a package: resort stay, tickets and the dining plan.

So, I would rebook your "campsite only" as part of a package, you'll only have to pay a $200 deposit, the rest is due 45 days before your trip. Since you will have to change to a package at some point, you might at well get it done.

And yes, once you have the DDP you can use it to pay for character meals. They will take your credit card number as a guarantee for the ones that require pre-payment, but you won't be charged unless you don't show up or cancel.

RobinRocksDisney
10-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Thank you for your response and you are right.......:thumbsup:

I just called and I can rebook and get the package. Now I just need to figure out for how many days and which dining plan I want!! Panic!! J/K!!

Have a great day!