PDA

View Full Version : Hayden's Make A Wish Trip (Travel Days)

Hayden's Dad
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Cast:
Hayden's Dad: Kyle
Hayden's Mommy: Eva
And of course Hayden himself (turning 2yrs 9mths on this trip :thumbsup:)

Well we got up Sunday not at the crack of dawn, but not to late and packed up the Van Make A Wish had rented for us and got on the road. Our goal today was a Hampton Inn in Savannah Georgia. Traveling was fairly uneventful the handicapped van made life much easier, and we got to the hotel at about 5:00 where they proceeded to ask us for a credit card, Make A Wish is supposed to be paying for everything so Eva got on the phone with our Cordinator who promptly fixed the situation apparently the hotel had put the confirmation number in someone else's file. But that fixed we settled in for a good night's sleep. Tomorrow we would be in our favorite place.

Monday we got up early and got on the road again the travelling was nothing special thank goodness and we made good time getting to Give Kids The World in Kissimee by about 1:00. Everyone here is just wonderful and most of them are volunteers and to anyone on this board who has volunteered there THANK YOU! It couldn't survive without your help.
When we first got there the first thing they gave us was a stuffed Mickey Mouse almost as big as Hayden :mickey:, and a duffle bag full of goodies that would normaly be given out throughout the week at your villa, but since we were staying off GKTW property they wanted to give us the option of when to give them to Hayden. We had to wait until about 3:45 for orientation and Hayden's Hospice nurse (who rembered him from May) So we wandered the Village. They have an ice cream parlor where you can get free food (everything is free here you pay for nothing) and Ice Cream as early as 7:30 am so we had a quick bite to eat and headed to the Castle of Miracles and to Amberville where we rode their little train around the property. After our little tour we waited until the Orientation and I told Eva I would meet them at the Ice Cream Palace once Orientation was over so she could meet with the nurse.
After Orientation it was raining (this is a recurring theme it rained everyday we were there :D) Once we met back up we headed to our home for the week The Boardwalk Inn. This was our first time staying a Deluxe hotel and it was very nice, but I missed the gaudy 3 story icons when you walk out your door. :blush: But our view was wonderful we could see Epcot from our balcony We had a great view of the Eiffel tower, so we went down to the Boardwalk and explored a little, but since it was still raining a little we headed back upstairs where we were treated to Illuminations from our balcony!!:thumbsup:
After the fireworks we headed to bed tomorrow offically starts our vacation with breakfast and our day at Universal.

mouseketeer mom
10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
A wonderful first day!!! Your view sounds terrific.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Sounds like a great start to your trip!

I can't wait to hear all of the details :mickey:

January-2007
10-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks so much for reporting!!! :cloud9: :mickey:

disneymom15
10-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Sounds like you got off to a good start. I'm eagerly waiting for the rest of your trip reports.

mickey&missy
10-16-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm glad your travels went well! Can't wait to read more!

ljv1975
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
What a great start to your vacation! It sounds like you had a really nice view. I can't wait to read more!!

SBETigg
10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Fantastic start! It sounds wonderful. Thanks for the report.

biodtl
10-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I can't wait to read more! I hear ya on the rain - we were there, too. In fact, I kept looking for Hayden, but no such luck.

cal5755
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
I love reading your trip reports... thanks so much for sharing.. Too bad about the rain but other than that everything seemed wonderful. I can't wait to hear more!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-16-2008, 01:13 PM
I can't wait to read more!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Looking forward to more reports:mickey:

KylesMom
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
A good start to your trip, Kyle. I'm excited to read all about Hayden's good fortune with the characters - and everything else! :mickey:

laward32
10-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I am glad your travel days were uneventful. Can't wait to read more about your magical trip (other than the rain).:mickey:

joanna71985
10-16-2008, 05:45 PM
What a great start to the trip! Can't wait to read more.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Glad the travel and check-in went so smoothly!

RedSoxFan
10-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Great start to your trip.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
10-18-2008, 05:04 PM
I have been waiting to hear about your trip :) Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

goofy for pluto
10-30-2008, 01:46 PM
How lovely to be able to watch the fireworks from your room. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the report! :mickey:

princessgirls
11-05-2008, 05:30 PM