PDA

View Full Version : Everything is booked?

Mom2Cuties
10-16-2008, 09:01 AM
We are going to Disney Dec. 15-21st. I knew I had to make reservations to the restaurants but I had NO IDEA that everything would be booked. I've only been able to get one dinner reservation for Whispering Canyon on our trip. We have the dining plan. Should I cancel this? Is it going to be impossible to get reservations at the point?

Polynesian Dweller
10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
:welcome: First, welcome to Intercot. You will find folks here to be really helpful.

As you will find searching through the threads, ADRs pretty much have to be made well in advance, many if not most people start making their reservations 6 months out, basically the first day they can. The dining plan has basically forced that as restaurants fill up quickly.

That said, don't give up yet. People do make multiple reservations and then cancel the ones they aren't going to use. The strategy most often suggested is to keep phoning the dining line to see if something has opened up. Especially as you get closed to Dec. there are chances that something will open but you have to be persistent and flexible. You likely won't get the exact places you want.

Other strategies are to go for lunch ressies. Lunch is usually much easier to get. The other is to be flexible about very early or very late dinner times and walk up to restaurants just before they open at the end of the day.

The best advice is to just keep trying. Good luck and hope you have a great time.

Strmchsr
10-16-2008, 09:50 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

I would also say :ditto: to much posted above. The only thing I would add is you can call WDW dining and just ask what restaurants are open on each day and pick from those. Since you're going at a busier time, and with the DDP, things are booking up fast, but there will be some things available and the CM's are usually very helpful in assisting you. Just be extremely flexible with times and/or places and you should have better luck.

Sinewiz
10-17-2008, 12:36 AM
We are going to Disney Dec. 15-21st. I knew I had to make reservations to the restaurants but I had NO IDEA that everything would be booked. I've only been able to get one dinner reservation for Whispering Canyon on our trip. We have the dining plan. Should I cancel this? Is it going to be impossible to get reservations at the point?
Thats odd, Im going the exact same days and I'm on the dining plan as well and I've made all my reservations in the last week without much problem? Of course there have been exceptions such as not being able to get Ohanas booked because of its huge popularity. Maybe Ill see you at Whispering Canyons on the 16th, ;)

TINKinTX
10-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh No......I have postponed making my reservations until we finalized dates. Now I am worried. Any restaurants that seem to have plenty of availability the week before christmas?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Oh No......I have postponed making my reservations until we finalized dates. Now I am worried. Any restaurants that seem to have plenty of availability the week before christmas?

I would call NOW... then cancel your dining reservations later if you are not able to make it then... The week of Christmas is one of the busiest times at Disney...