PDA

View Full Version : Laundry services

Ropachs
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Can anyone give me a rough idea of laundry costs?
On our last trip, we sent a bag out for laundering which they dry cleaned instead and was crazy expensive. We did get the charge taken off. I'm wondering what the cost would be for just laundering rather than dry cleaning?
I really hate to spend time doing it myself at the resort. But incase I have to...how much does that cost as well?
Thanks!

KylesMom
10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
$2 per wash cycle, $2 per dry cycle @ WL.

In comparison, it would cost you $2 per pair of underwear to have valet laundry do it for you. No kidding, this is directly from the WL valet laundry service tag!

Sunshine1010
10-15-2008, 10:50 PM
.....yep, $2.00 for a pair of panties.

I need to change careers....

Ropachs
10-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Wow, I guess I'll have to **** it up and do a load myself!

KylesMom
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Lori, I too am not a "laundry on vacation" type of gal. However, we encountered so much rain in July that I had to bite the bullet and do a load somewhere around 9 days into our trip. It really didn't take that long . . .

LoriSan
10-16-2008, 03:18 PM
we did a load at the Pop last month, and I seem to remember it being $3 to wash and $2 to dry.

pixiesmimi
10-17-2008, 10:26 PM
We did our own laundry one day at the ASMovies. The laundry facilities are next to the pool so the kids swam while we did laundry and watched them. It was quiet expensive by the time we finished. We spent $20 or $30 for a family of 6 and the two of us. But two of our group were very young and you know how much laundry goes with babies.

wdw_bound
10-18-2008, 05:00 AM
We do some laundry every trip. It's not that bad. We get our own detergent and dryer sheets - either bring from home or pick up when we make our Target run upon arrival. I bring a roll of quarters as well. I try to pick an off time (the machines are usually full in the early afternoon since everyone comes home from the parks for a nap/swim), that way I can do a couple of loads simultaneously. Beware, the dryers can get very hot, and if you reduce the setting, things don't get dry in one cycle. I try not to wash anything that would be upsetting to damage.

Think of it this way - if you do a bit of laundry mid-trip, you are saving room in your luggage to bring home more treasures :mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
10-18-2008, 12:41 PM
We do a couple of loads every trip and it is not that bad. The facilities at POFQ are right by the pool so we throw in a load and let the kids swim. This does two things for us less to pack which is less for me to carry eventually, and assures us of clean socks and underwear. We went this summer and went through both because of sweat faster than normal!

TheMartellFamily
10-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Yep we do our laundry too. It does not take that long and then we do not have to pack as much. I would not pay to send my laundry out it just take less than two hours to do it and pay much less.

javamama
10-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks to a cold snap, my BIL did laundry for us last April one night. This was after many a :beer: s in our suite at the Poly. We needed our jeans, sweatshirts, hoodies, and the kids pants washed after the 3rd day. Plus we had some rain , so it was definately need, he took my ds for a load or two with him. It think it took less than two hours, we had 10 people that had clothes to be washed at least something needed to be washed. I think it was under 10 bucks, so not terrible. I was shopping at Downtown Disney:D so I missed it all!

Maxwell
10-23-2008, 12:37 AM
.....yep, $2.00 for a pair of panties.

I need to change careers....

Well, I don't know what the right price is and $2 a pair seems pretty high. But if someone offered to do it for free, I'm pretty sure that he'd be getting arrested. :cool:

kemps@wdw
10-25-2008, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=KylesMom;1762592]$2 per wash cycle, $2 per dry cycle @ WL.

We do laundry :laundry: once during our stay. Usually while the kids are taking a pool/nap break. Off times are better as I can load all the washers /dryers @ once and finish pretty quicly. I take my cooler :beer: and sometimes a book. Often I can catch my soaps on the TV :tv: while I'm there. We only keep the Disney info channel or the cartoons on in our room. (no outside media influences while we're there).

disneydeb
10-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Well, I don't know what the right price is and $2 a pair seems pretty high. But if someone offered to do it for free, I'm pretty sure that he'd be getting arrested. :cool:

That's hilarious!:rotfl::funny: Welcome to Intercot. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

I do a bit of laundry each night in the sink and hang it over a fan to dry at night.

Insanity Clause
10-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I just hate the idea of doing laundry on vacation but I fear that I will have to while we are there. We will be there for a full week and my DH and I will have three kids with us and you know ice cream and dinner will end up on shirts and jeans so there is no way I can pack enough clothes to make it through.

pixiesmimi
10-27-2008, 09:26 AM
I hated the idea too and had never done laundry on a trip like this before but DD had her 4 kids along and had to wash one day. We chose our day off from the parks and let the kids swim. The laundry was by the big pool so we sat and watched them while doing the laundry. It wasn't bad and was a good way to relax and let them have fun. It sure keeps you from having to carry too many clothes making your suitcases heavy even if you drive. And it also is easier to carry clean clothes back home and not have to wash so much when you get back. Take your own small size laundry products and you won't have to spend so much on the vending machines. Grab a book and a drink, sit down and enjoy the rest. :)