PDA

View Full Version : FW Cabins with a wheelchair

SFTrny
10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
OK...I am looking for the experienced FW people here. We've stayed there twice before and love it. We are headed down in 6 weeks and just found out that our daughter will still be in a cast and in a wheelchair. We love FW and have read that there are acessible cabins in loop 2800.

Has anyone here stayed in an acessible cabin? Where in loop 2800 are they? We'd like to know if the inside is any different than the regular cabins. Is the cabin wider? Are the beds the same? Is the bathroom equipped differently? Does the shower have a seat?

Any and all information is helpful!

thatchick
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
We have stayed in a cabin once that was accessible and we didn't need it but that's what we got anyway, which was fine with us..I don't remember the cabin being in different than the others................other than the ones we have stayed in before. It was the same. I do believe they have cabins that have the roll in showers. :mickey:

wdw_bound
10-20-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm sitting on the deck of an accessible cabin right now :mickey:

We are on the 2800 loop. There seem to be ramps on several cabins throughout the loop. We are towards the front. The ramp is nicely incorporated into the deck, not an "add-on" if that makes sense. It does seem that it takes up space where other cabins have parking spots for golf carts, but we haven't rented one, so not an issue for us. If we had, I'm sure we'd figure it out.
The picnic table on the deck is also wc accessible - table is elongated past the benches for a wc to roll right up.

Cabin is the same size, bathroom has bars around the toilet, but a regular tub/shower combo (we don't need a roll-in shower). Otherwise, I don't see any special features, bed is a double, with a double Murphy and bunks. I'll be happy to check anything else if you have other questions :mickey:

SFTrny
10-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks! this is great info. We've stayed at FW before and love it, but this year, our daughter has a cast and needs the chair. We've asked for a roll-in shower. Hope we can manage parking with a golfcart and a minivan! We have 1 more month till we head down.