PDA

View Full Version : Most Commonly Asked Character Questions:

Greenlawler
10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I thought if there was a permanent character angling FAQ at the top of the board these would be the questions and answers I would start with. I would love to see you guys add more questions and answers to the list.

What is the teardrop? An area located behind the Toon Town Fair Judges Tent around the curve from the train station where the path dead ends into a "teardrop" shaped loop. Oftentimes more obscure, even rare characters appear here.

What Characters can I meet during the Visa Meet n Greet?
Generaly its two of the VIP'S, sometimes 3 even 4. The VIP's are Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. Stitch has been spotted as well.

Where is the best place to meet (insert name of favorite princess here)? The easiest way is Character dinning: Akershus, and Cinderella's Royal Table. Otherwise there are numerous opprotunities. Ariel has here grotto in MK, Belle has her Storybook area in MK, she can be found also at Toon Town Fair, and at France in Epcot. Pocohauntus is usually found somewhere in AK (the Oasis or Rafiki's Planet Watch). Cinderella is most easily found at Toon Town Fair. Aurora is also at Toon Town Fair most of the time but can be found at France at Epcot as well. Jasmine is at Epcot's Morroco pavillion and in Adventureland at MK. Snow White can be found at Epcot's Germany pavillion.

More to come add yours.

alandisney
10-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Why doesn't Disney Mngt put out any different characters?

They think that guests who come there only want to see the main characters. WRONG!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Is Piglet a boy or a girl?
A boy...

Why does Piglet wear pink then?
Pigs are pink

Okay serious one now:

What is the Fantasmic meet?

A meet and greet time held at the Sorcerer's Hat in the late afternoon, usually around 5 or 6pm. It's been dubbed the Fantasmic meet by Guests and Cast because it can feature a lot of uncommons found during the Fantasmic show or finale.

Greenlawler
10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
A boy...

Pigs are pink

Okay serious one now:

A meet and greet time held at the Sorcerer's Hat in the late afternoon, usually around 5 or 6pm. It's been dubbed the Fantasmic meet by Guests and Cast because it can feature a lot of uncommons found during the Fantasmic show or finale.

Nice on the Fantasmic meet, we really should have a stickey up with these answers.
Maybe an intercot staff member will edit the serious ones and make a sticky out of it?

Oh and the Piglet one...:D my DW thought he was a girl till she read the book to my son.

Here is another serious one:

What is the Oasis?

It is the area in between the bag check and front gate at AK. On most days anywhere from 4-8 characters will randomly appear there, including some uncommons.

joanna71985
10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
This is a great idea!:thumbsup:

I will have to try to think of some questions to add.

like2workout
10-15-2008, 05:25 PM
i've got nothing new to add (right now at least, but i'll think about it), but just wanted to say ya'll are right on the money - i think i've asked every one of those questions myself! and it took me the looongest time to figure out where the oasis was. that one really eluded me!

like2workout
10-15-2008, 05:26 PM
ok, as soon as i sent the last comment, i thought of another question i've asked:

do the characters at the dance parties stop to take pictures? the answer i've found is usually yes if you ask a cm and let them know you'd like a quick picture. they've all been very nice to me about this.

joanna71985
10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Do all the characters sign autographs?

No, not all the characters sign. Ones that don't include Beast (Belle usually signs for him if she is there), Goliath (Jo Jo will sign for him if she is there), Bullseye, Mike W, Sully, Disney Bear, King Louie (Baloo may sign for him), and the Cars.

There are also characters that stamp. These include Buzz Lightyear and Mr. Incredible.

Greenlawler
10-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey guys here are two more:

What was and what happened to the Epcot Character Bus? The "Characters on Holiday" bus was a bus that traveled around the park stopping twice. It was a large red double decker bus. There were usually 6 to 10 characters on the bus, and some of them were uncommon or harder to find characters. The bus was done away with in 2005. Many character fans miss it dearly.

Where do I find villains? Of course the best place to find the villains is the MNSSHP where they have their own stage show and will do a meet n greet after the show, although it is pictures only. These villains seem to include, Hook, Snow Queen, Maleficent, Frollo, Jafar, and Cruella every year thus far, although the Big Bad Wolf has also appeared. The Tremaines are regulars at the Magic Kingdom and at 1900 Park Fair, Cruella can be found from time to time at the Town Squre in MK, Hook and Smee are across from the POC ride at MK most days. Otherwise you will have to catch them either at the Fantasmic Meet n Greet where some of them normally appear or hit the Oasis or Teardroip on the right day.

Kim Possible
10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
great topic guys! i think this is so helpful! i totally forgot about the Fant Meet and Greet! My friend told me about it when i went in feb and i thought it was so cool. There were some cool characters out then. I remember seeing Mulan, Aladdin and Snow when I went. I'm pretty sure there were others but i dont remember who

Greenlawler
10-17-2008, 02:22 PM
great topic guys! i think this is so helpful! i totally forgot about the Fant Meet and Greet! My friend told me about it when i went in feb and i thought it was so cool. There were some cool characters out then. I remember seeing Mulan, Aladdin and Snow when I went. I'm pretty sure there were others but i dont remember who

This has always been my favorite meet n greet. I try to convince my wife to be there every night around five so we don't miss it.

Anyone remember the Old Front Gate Meet and Greet at The Studios at 1:00 p.m.?

This year we hit the Fantasmic Meet n Greet two nights:
The first night was highlighted by uncommon's: Ratcliffe, Sheriff, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Max, Fowlfellow, Snow Queen, with more common fair like Mulan, Snow White, Pocohauntus (A rare studios appearence), Pinochio, Bert, Mary Poppins, Lilo, and Stitch
The second night had less uncommons but did offer: Jafar, Queen Of Hearts, and Meeko along with the other usuals.

glenpreece
10-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Where have I been!!! A Fantasmic Meet!!! I am so there!!!!!!!!!!

DDuck66
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
A boy...

Pigs are pink

Okay serious one now:

Whoo Hoo!!! A new addition to add to my "Must Do" list of character Events!!!

Greenlawler
10-23-2008, 03:27 PM
So any Intercot staff member willing to put this sticky up? Since this threadd started two of the FAQ's have already been asked.

AnnetteFan
10-27-2008, 03:15 AM
ok, as soon as i sent the last comment, i thought of another question i've asked:

do the characters at the dance parties stop to take pictures? the answer i've found is usually yes if you ask a cm and let them know you'd like a quick picture. they've all been very nice to me about this.

Just thought I'd add that while they will take pictures, they typically won't sign autographs.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Discouraged is a better word. We discourage it, but can never deny it.

We have to tell the parents to wait and we'll get it for them off-set.

AnnetteFan
10-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes but they won't stop to sign autographs during the dance party.

Villains0501
04-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Is it me, or are the Villains always that unpleasant?

No, it's not you. Villains are just mean, which is why we adore them