PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from Disney world

jdormer33
10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
i will be going to disneyworld from in 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on what shipping options i have from the resort area. it will be my honeymoon and i plan on purchasing tons of souvenirs and i most likely wont be able to get them all in my luggage. is there a ups store, fedex kinkos, or post office in the resort? can i ship packages straight from my hotel?

Thanks for all the help.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
There is a whole thread on shipping and prices, here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=124232).

LoriSan
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure if the thread that Capt Jessica pointed you to says this or not, but if you ship an item at the time that you are initially purchasing it, you don't pay tax. That helps to cover the cost of the shipping.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Yep, I covered all of that in the thread. ;)

TheRustyScupper
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
1) The information is accurate WHEN SHIPPING FROM THE STORE.
2) It is far more economical to ship from the resort.
3) The resort Front Desk & Concierge Desk does not add a surcharge.
4) You get charged with actual FEDEX or UPS rates.
5) To do this,
. . . go to resort gift shop and ask for empty boxes
. . . ask for used packing material
. . . pack your souvenirs
. . . take to Front Desk / Concierge for sealing
. . . fill in FEDEX/UPS shipping form
. . . if declared value over $100, an itemized form is needed

NOTE: When shipping from the store, WDW adds a hefty surcharge. It becomes a profit center for them. When shipping from the resort, it is a shipping transaction, only. As an example: $100 5-lb souvenir = $25 at store, or $12 at resort.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, but the catch is that if you do it yourself, they won't replace things if they arrive broken or damaged. Or at least, not as easily.

If Disney ships it, and it arrives broken, they will send a new one free of charge (you just ship the damaged items back).