PDA

View Full Version : Fantamsic Question ?

fischer
10-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Would My 4 Year Olds Enjoy This Show. Someone Told Me That It Was Really Loud. I Have Never Seen It So Any Comments Would Greatly Be Appreciated.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-15-2008, 10:13 AM
There is a few moments with loud booms that can startle or scare little ones. But a lot of people love it.

Lynn J Mc
10-15-2008, 10:20 AM
It is loud and dramatic. Huge snake, dragon.
That being said, my 7 YO niece has loved it since she was 2 1/2 YO.

sdewan
10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
It largely depends on the child. My 5-year old nephew cried continuously for the 1st ten minutes until his mother took him out of the show. But my kids have attended the show since they were two with no problems. Both my kids dislike the loud booms of fireworks shows and hold their ears, but they never had any issues with Fantasmic.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2008, 10:45 AM
There are a couple parts that can be a little scary to a little one, but overall, they will like the show. My DD has loved it every time we've seen it.

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-15-2008, 11:06 AM
My 5 year old just saw it for the first time. He liked it, but covered his eyes a few times. I think it was helpful that we prepped him first: Mickey has a bad dream, but it's just a dream, and there is a happy ending.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Emmy absolutely adores Fantasmic. She's 3.5 right now... first saw it at 2. She sings the music at home at random...tells me the story of what all is going on during it and stuff. So cute.

There are a few parts that could be scary I guess...a little loud and the snake can be a little scary. But it really is very cool and I wouldn't miss it!

Greenlawler
10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
My 5 year old just saw it for the first time. He liked it, but covered his eyes a few times. I think it was helpful that we prepped him first: Mickey has a bad dream, but it's just a dream, and there is a happy ending.

This is the key for us we have three small ones. They are all able to handle it becuase they know Mickey wins. Once my 4 year old told me during the show that he was "holding Mickey's imagination in his heart" so Mickey would not be scared.....:)

The scary elements include the loud fireworks, the large images of Disney Villains including the scene from Fantasmic with Chernabog, the snake and the dragon.

trebornozel
10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
*Just* saw Fantasmic two hours ago. I haven't seen this show in a couple of years. We sat about 10 rows back , center section, and when the "villans" part happens, yes, it gets loud. Of course it has fireworks, a cannon shot, and a scene with a gun fight. Several, several, young children had their hands over their ears for these particular parts, but overall they seemed to truly enjoy it.

Verolovesdisney
10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Again, every child is different, but my daughter (saw it at 22 months, 4 and 7 years old) and my son (saw it at 18months and 4 years old) had no issues with this show. I think the suggestion to "explain" the story to the child before the show is a great one.

I must say though, I can't imagine what goes on in their little heads as the show is playing; it's such a visual overload.

To me, the last minute of the Fantasmic when the boat come out, is truly what disney is all about.:mickey: