PDA

View Full Version : Airport to check-in time?

3girls2luv
10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
How far away is WDW from MCO? Can I expect to be in my room 1 hour after my flight lands (taking a taxi)?

LoriSan
10-15-2008, 10:36 AM
probably not 1 hour afterward. MCO is about 30 minutes from Disney. Factor in getting your rental car/getting ME, checking in, etc, I woudn't expect to be in your room within one hour.

sdewan
10-15-2008, 10:54 AM
You're not using Magical Express?

A lot of it will depend on what time of day you're arriving. This past August our flight landed at MCO at 7:55AM, and using Magical Express we were at the front desk of AKL at 8:45AM (yes I keep a log of such things). Of course our room wasn't ready, but had it been ready we would have been in it within an hour of landing.

If you're taking a taxi you will save some time due to the fact that you won't have to wait for a bus to fill up before departing (in our case it waited about 10 minutes then left with only us on board). But on the other hand if you have checked baggage you will have to wait for it at baggage claim, which may take 10-20 minutes depending on how busy it is.

I usually allow 1:15 in my plans to get from the plane to the hotel, and so far we've never exceeded that time.

Strmchsr
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Depends on if you have to get your luggage. With DME it takes, on average, about 90 min from touchdown to arrival. However, it can 30-45 min to get your own luggage. MCO is a big airport and the baggage is a little slow. So, counting walking from your flight to baggage claim, then getting in the taxi and taking off from there I would plan on at least 90 min. If you don't have to get your luggage it would probably be closer to an hour.

GrumpyFan
10-15-2008, 11:44 AM
I would estimate at the very least, 1 hour. As said, the longest part will be getting your luggage, which from our experience is about a 15-20 minute wait, or approximately 25 minutes after we landed. Getting a taxi and riding to your resort should take about 30 minutes.

Of course, the ride could take longer, if you arrive during a busy time of day. So, you might want to plan for as much as 90 minutes.

SFTrny
10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Checking bags will make the difference. If you aren't checking bags, you should be able to go right to your taxi and be there in an hour without too much problem. If you check bags, you open up a pretty big margin. I've had bags in MCO show up just a few minutes after getting to baggage claim...and in other cases, 20 minutes. Depends on how busy the airport is when your plane gets in.

pink
10-15-2008, 01:17 PM
MCO is about a half hour from Disney World. We took the ME from MCO, we landed at 9 am and were in our room by 10 am so it's possible, you never know. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Not necessarily in your room in 1 hour depending on when you arrive. Arrive before 3:00pm and room availability is not guaranteed. Sometimes you will get your room and at others you can arrive at 2:00pm and still wait till 3:00 (that happened last year for us). It just depends on how busy the place is and how quickly the rooms can be readied.

But we are always at the resort within 1 hour after getting off the plane.