PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Week crowds?

BiloxiMom
10-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I was recently talking to a friend about our upcoming Jan. trip. We will be checking OUT the Saturday before Super Bowl Sunday. She thought it would be very crowded the week leading up to the game since the it's in Tampa. What do you think? I'm really hoping NOT!

diz_girl
10-15-2008, 10:19 AM
We were there Superbowl week of 2007 and also left on that Saturday. We only saw jersey-wearing fans on Saturday. It was not crowded at all, a little more than September, but much less than June. The Superbowl was in Miami that year, so it might not have affected crowds like a Tampa game would have done. But then, people who go to the Superbowl are probably in the area for the weekend at the most, arriving Saturday, leaving Monday, at the latest.

Beast_fanatic
10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
With it being in Tampa, I would think that there will be some impact on the crowds, but I would not think that it will be excessively busier than it normally would be at that time.

Aggie97
10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
We were at WDW in February 2005 when the Super Bowl was in Jacksonville (about an hour farther away than Tampa). Crowds were very low at that time. I can't imagine there will be a tremendous increase due to the Super Bowl in Tampa, but we have seen that crowds have picked up in general at that time of year, compared to 2005 and earlier. It's still one of our favorite times to visit WDW, though. Have a great time! :mickey: